With enough stealth you can go out of the tent without being discovered and then kill them one by one.

Didn't work for me my pc left stealth automatically after the cutscene with a party of 3, don't think thats different solo, since you also have a pc.^^

Also the fight doesn't end until they are all killed.

Maybe you don't have enough stealth... (I will check again if it works,maybe it changed in 3.01). I know the combat doesn't end, but it's easier to fight them one by one than all three at the same time.

It seemed like a scripted start for combat..

You can still fight them one by one, it's the only way I was able to win, boots of speed and run to the southwest map, they will return to their original position.

Indeed, it seems it's not possible anymore to escape them through stealth - they attack me while I'm still stealthed! But outrunning them like you did is just as good. You should be able to tank their normal attacks; their special attacks are avoidable if you want because they're very slow (they punch the ground and then use their shriek) - when you see them start casting you just run a little further...

• Like 1

Indeed, it seems it's not possible anymore to escape them through stealth - they attack me while I'm still stealthed! But outrunning them like you did is just as good. You should be able to tank their normal attacks; their special attacks are avoidable if you want because they're very slow (they punch the ground and then use their shriek) - when you see them start casting you just run a little further...

Haha lol, I didn't even think of that.

My naked Ascetic Monk has soloed the ambush a while ago on PotD.

The simplest way dealing with them was:

1. Splitpull them so you only have to fight one

2. Use your summons as decoy

3. Use Force of Anguish (or any other heavy CC available for you) when you see the knockdown symbol above their head

4. Once they are up again and chasing you - run so that you lose engagement (and they the ability smybol)

5. Immediately reengage to start combat again: If there is no knockdown-abilty-symbol: Attack

6. Soak up the damage for wound generation: Spam Torments Reach and - if needed - Force of Anguish

7. Heal in between and kill them one after another using the method described above

Kiting them to death should be easy. With equipment the monk should have no probs soloing them - without it was a close and challenging fight with lots of maneuvering and timing.

• Like 2

Effectively I did with Sagani, not out of choice though, the rest of the party kept dying on me . Only had to kite 2 of them though, the useless party members managed to just about bring one down. Was easy, but took forever.... Mainly because Sagani only had Stormcaller. Was on hard not POTD though in this case I reckon it's no more difficult on POTD than hard, just more time consuming. Best to bring another bow if you are using a ranger though, and I'm sure a ranger will be the easiest to solo with. I don't even want to think about trying a melee character...

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Yeah as soon as I realised how easy it is to split them it all felt clearer, shame I had to find an own way of doing it, I'm too used to cheesing by stealing other peoples strategies.^^

I read here on the forums about stealth and tried it like 20 times until I realised it just won't work no matter what I do.^^

Ok, maybe 20 is exaggerated, we Germans do that sometimes.^^

I think melee is not exactly a problem if you foillow Kaylons advice about running away from the scream and ray, since the prone is not as bad and their melee is completely harmless.

• Like 1

Maybe, I also couldn't use stealth, and my party was on its last legs, I fought my way through to the tent and then didn't rest, no spells, little health... Imagine my surprise on exiting the tent! It was a painful fight largely because no preparation. Thank the gods for Sagani . For about half an hour I kept muttering to myself, "and people say Rangers are useless "

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light