Musical Instrument Implements

So the chanter class is pretty well balanced within the current build, and I love that the POE "bard" can really be a jack of all trade. I have had chanters in a ranged, melee dmg, and tank roles and they all work great. I do feel that they could use more mechanics to emphasize their theme as musicians and storytellers, and I think ranged implements animated as musical instruments would be great for that. 

Woodwinds: Slash/Pierce

Percussion: Crushing/Slash

Strings: Crush/pierce

The animations for every single ranged weapon in POE was gorgeous, from the slightly naughty rod shake to the arbalest crank. Honestly in the sequel if instrument ranged was implemented I think it would be a better vehicle for the wizard's blast mechanic, and on a class who could use a little variety in their auto attack existence. Maybe keep it in mind for a sequel. Anyone like/dislike this or have better ideas for refining? 

• Like 2

i like the idea of instruments but i dont like the idea.

i thought of the chanter in poe as a story teller lore master. it seems different than a bard who focuses on music and singing. so on one hand i dont think instruments fit.

on the other hand i like the idea instruments to improve the chanters chants. just using them as weapons seems boring. using and instrument could improve the chant or something.

I can respect that from a roleplay perspective. I would let Patrick Rothfuss provide my reply though.

"Remember this, son, if you forget everything else. A poet is a musician who can't sing. Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets. Music touches their hearts directly no matter how small or stubborn the mind of the man who listens."