Sign in to follow this  
Messier-31

Voice over dialog in shreds

Question

This is an issue that I experienced since last year game release to this day (patch 3.01). Sometimes when characters are speaking and their lines have a recorded voice, they start in the middle of a sentence, completely ommiting the first words. Most notably this happens with Hiravias and Maneha, but there were other cases as well.

So, imagine that this is the line seen on screen:

"My name is some random NPC, and I came from a distant land to kill dragons and find a treasure!"

And this is what you hear from the voice actor:

"...stant land to kill dragons and find a treasure!"

This happenes randomly in all builds from 1.00 to 3.01 so I have no idea if putting the output log and savagames will do the trick. I think some of you experienced this as well. It is not gamebreaking, but annoying as hell.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

7 answers to this question

This is happening to me intermittently on the 3.02 Beta patch. I remember all of Zahua's dialogue was like this during his dream sequence but it seemed to go away after I restarted the game.

Not 100% on this, but I've noticed this happens to me if I alt+tab out of the game a little too much. Might just be a coincidence. Like nwillard, it goes away after I stop and restart the game

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Hey guys,

Are there specific companions that this happens to? If so where in the game does it occur? If its Calisca and Heodan, we been having an on-going battle with those two. 

Thanks.

Whats this at obsidian.net?

In my case, no

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Are there specific companions that this happens to? If so where in the game does it occur? If its Calisca and Heodan, we been having an on-going battle with those two. 

In my playthrough the most common cases were:

Hiravias - while his banters appear during walking in areas, not in conversations

Maneha - while conversations regarding her personal quest

Zahua - while conversations regarding her personal quest

Also some other minor cases, but I don't remember them atm.

I remember all of Zahua's dialogue was like this during his dream sequence but it seemed to go away after I restarted the game.

Yes, sometimes reloading a previous save would fix it. But then it would appear in a different character some time later.

Edited by Messier-31

I'm having one of this moments right now with Heodan :p

Written: "That should be far enough. But what now?"

Heard: "...what now?"

All of Edér's spoken lines in the temple of Eothas in Gilded Vale were half-broken in my playthrough yesterday.