Raedric will not talk to me.

blarke

Question

I've bought PoE on GOG with both parts of WM today. I installed it (as i said, this was today, so i'm talking about the GOG 3.0.1 version) and other than tweaking around with the 'AttributeScore' command in the console, i havent used any mods.

I reached Raedric's Keep. First thing i noticed is that i couldn't save the game anymore (F5 didnt react, the 'Save' option was greyed out) throughout most of the massacre, but i figured this will be a non-save location. (Edit: After a couple of area switches i figured out that autosaves are still made, and a game restart fixed quicksave as well.)

I entered the Keep through the front gate and killed everybody. Then i went in through the Temple Storage (?) door, killed all the priests, and other than leaving for a lookaround at the Siege zone (?) on the roof, i more or less found Raedric straight away.

I don't know what happened, but the guy simply will not talk to me. Which is OK. However, if i provoke a fight in any way (i tried stealing from the container next to him and attacking one of his guards directly), when i defeat the whole merry branch, the quest does not get marked complete.

I even tried moving to another area and delete the lvl file to reset him (as per https://steamcommunity.com/app/291650/discussions/0/618457398968195247/#p1 ) but it made no difference. He simply ignores me.

Help me! :( As i understand, this is THE Stronghold of the game so i cannot really skip it, even if i wanted to...

The save file (i had another one without touching the lvl file..), the log file, DxDiag file, and the screenshot are all zipped in my dropbox here.

Edited by blarke

3 answers to this question

Hello blarke,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for joining us. I see the issue in your save and have written up a bug report. Though technically this quest has nothing to do with the Stronghold as you have to travel to Caed Nua to gain access to is. This is just a side quest. Do you have an earlier save you can load to see if the issue still occurs? 

Thanks a bunch!