Cannot enter First Fires, other bugs

Karnashuk

Question

Dear Obsidian Team,

I've just bought the senond Part for THE WHITE MARCH. I am a big fan of your work, you've done a great job. I need you to help me solve few issues.

To begin with: I've just installed the newest patch 3.01.

First of all, I have received a quest "travel to the ducal palace - First Fires to discuss my ownership of Caed Nua". I CANNOT enter this area, it's grayed out.

Secondly, there is a popup window that apears on every single location saying: "The Stewards of Caed Nua has received a letter for you". NOTHING happens when I talk to her. It's very annoying and I cannot do anything.

In the attached screenshot you can also see a white graphical glitch next to Eders portrait, what is it?

Can anyone please help? 

Best regards,

Michal Piechocinski

post-147921-0-98726300-1456609094_thumb.jpg

post-147921-0-93876400-1456609096_thumb.jpg

post-147921-0-61322200-1456609098_thumb.jpg

1 answer to this question

Hey Karnashuk,

Are you playing on Steam or GOG? If you are on Steam, try verifying your game cache. In your Steam library, right click Pillars of Eternity > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. 

If you are on GOG, please uninstall and install the 3.01 installers on the GOG website.

If those issues don't get resolved, could you please upload a save file and an output log so I can take a look? You can find those files by clicking on the link in my signature.

As for the white text, we are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

Thanks!