Unable to complete quest: Supply and Demand

astrosoup

Question

Description:

When attempting to complete the "Supply and Demand" quest, I was able talk to the quest-giver and receive the quest, but I something has gone wrong, disallowing me to complete it. After fighting the first thugs I encounter, next to the statue, I am unable to loot them and continue the quest. After my first try, I loaded from an autosave just after I had accepted the quest and tried again. I had the same issue once more. Cannot loot the thugs, cannot continue the quest. I went ahead and defeated all other thugs I could find on the map, including the ones in the locked house, but I still can only answer "Not yet" to the quest-giver's inquiry as to whether or not I have taken care of the thugs.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

From the save file, try to loot the

Important Files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2le0d3tnpe4lhg/PoE_Supply_and_Demand_bug_report.zip?dl=0

4 answers to this question

I believe all you have to do is loot the bodies during daylight as there is a bug that prevents looting during nighttime.

I have a similar problem that I'm going to post here in hopes that someone can help me. After receiving the quest, I encountered the thugs and looted the key from them. I then proceeded to the building where the thug leader is supposedly at, however I had previously lockpicked the door and found nobody inside before receiving the quest. So now that I got the quest, going inside the building there is no thug leader, there is only two npc's that don't have any dialogue options other than being able to "peer into their souls."

So now I can't complete the quest because the thug leader isn't even there.

Did I screw up being able to progress this quest by lockpicking the door beforehand?

I picked the lock, but when I could not loot for the key, I went back in and the leader was there. I defeated him and his goons, but still could not complete it. 

I also started having the same issue with the quest with the chest on the same map. 

Anyone that could confirm if the issue described here has been fixed as well in the meantime?

I don't know if this is caused by having not enough good standing with the Doemenels or by doing it in the wrong order, but when choosing the "convince Maea to lower the prices" option with Aefre, talking to Maea afterwards just doesn't end up in Maea sending me to Bricanta Doemenel to negotiate.
You only can choose the "I have to think about this" option.

Before accepting "Supply and Demand" from Maea I did:

- conclude "A Two Story Job" in favor of the Doemenels
- but declined Gedmar Doemenel's offer to work for them
- accepted to help Bricanta Doemenel with Kolfecg
- dealt with Kolfecg by convincing him to leave Defiance Bay, but did not tell Bricanta Doemenel of this yet
- lockpicked the door to the, by this point still empty Ramshackled House

I then accepted "Supply and Demand" from Maea and:

- killed off the group of Harassing Thugs by the well, got the Rusty Bronze Key (which I obviously didn't need anymore by this point)
- talked to Aefre at the Ramshackled House, accepted to convince Maea to lower the prices
- went back to Maea and am only getting the "I have to think about this" option, when she should suggest to go to Bricanta Doemenel and negotiate with her

I remember having the exact same problem (Maea not pointing me to Bricanta Doemenel to renegotiate prices) during my first playthrough of vanilla PoE back then.