[REQ] Restart PoE with Max Party and High Level Content Scaling

We all want to play more PoE, yet White March is (apparently) the last expansion.

Solution: give players who hit max level the option to restart PoE from Valewood, retaining all items and party member stats, with all content scaled -- like the option for a high level party to scale White March content, but for the entire game.

I believe Witcher 3 has this option. I think it would be a great way to keep PoE fresh while waiting for the next game. Imagine fighting through Raedric's Hold, Dyrford Ruins, and Od Nua with your decked out party, all spells and abilities available, and getting your ass kicked! It would feel like a whole new game.

Please consider implementing this feature, Obsidian. I don't know how much time it would take, but man, it would keep me playing PoE for a long time. As the option is available for White March content, I'm hoping it would be relatively simple to apply content scaling to the entire game (please, let this be true...)

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Teucer

Please consider implementing this feature, Obsidian. I don't know how much time it would take, but man, it would keep me playing PoE for a long time. As the option is available for White March content, I'm hoping it would be relatively simple to apply content scaling to the entire game (please, let this be true...)

Thanks for reading!

Rebalancing every single encounter in the game? Quite a lot I'd say.

Icewind Dale has a "Heart of Fury" mode, which is meant for going through the game a second time with a party that has already finished it.

In this mode, the game engine significantly scales up the monster stats (kinda like PotD in Pillars, but much more extreme).

The devs also made some manual changes to encounters in this mode (some monsters are added I think, and some loot is replaced with better alternatives), but most of the difference is caused by the automatic scaling, so it didn't cost the developers much to implement it.

It's not for role-players of course, because the fact that every little goblin is as tough and hard-hitting as an ogre normally would be, could be perceived as slightly immersion breaking... :D But some players love it.

I suppose a mod could implement something similar for Pillars.

• Like 1

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell