I truly appreciate the fact that you guys are helping to convey some of the info you've learned from the AMA and, just as importantly, distill it into something an initiate like me can understand. Obsidian gets a lot of cred from me for New Vegas, and because that I picked up Pillars, which I've greatly enjoyed also, but it's been tough trying to wrap my head around the idea of the Pathfinder game. Reading your posts certainly helps me do that.

• Like 1

bother?

Do you have a local game store?

If so,you should go see if they have a Pathfinder Society and watch a game or two.

I don't play the Pathfinder RPG myself, I'm a D&D guy, but watching the demo at PAX sold me. The mechanics are so solid.

It also helps that my cardboard copy is signed by Mike Selinker since he was at the booth, when I bought it.

• Like 1

They did say the probably wouldn't announce season pass price until release.

But I see it coming in at $19.99. Possibly $29.99. Which is a bit much for a tablet game, but the value would be 1 free character add-on deck, all promo cards, AND NO SHUFFLING.

I can spend $20, without any consideration after waiting this long. $30 at once is slightly more difficult. Especially since I've already paid for the cardboard version.

Now $30 and I can play on Android AND Steam. That would get my money.

Thanks Developers for the AMA.

Now more Screenshots of boring UI tweaks please. 

We also have something in place to earn these through gameplay. :)

• Like 2

If so,you should go see if they have a Pathfinder Society and watch a game or two.

I don't play the Pathfinder RPG myself, I'm a D&D guy, but watching the demo at PAX sold me. The mechanics are so solid.

It also helps that my cardboard copy is signed by Mike Selinker since he was at the booth, when I bought it.

I don't play anything any more. I have had a couple of groups over the past few years, but scheduling is always a pain. And that's for Dungeons and Dragons 3.5. However, the Pathfinder card game might work out well for me. I don't know if I'll have time to go to the game store, but I might. Davis said something about a live streaming event and I'm hoping that Obsidz gets that going. If not, then it just depends on time. However, if get hooked on the electronic game, then my wife and I were going to start a DnD game with a friend anyway, so I'll probably just invest in the cardboard game. The base set on Amazon is less than fifty bucks and I would probably want to plumb the depths on that one as best I could to get the hang of the game. The add-on decks don't seem prohibitively expensive, although I imagine I wouldn't get them all at the same time.

bother?

I don't play anything any more. I have had a couple of groups over the past few years, but scheduling is always a pain. And that's for Dungeons and Dragons 3.5. However, the Pathfinder card game might work out well for me. I don't know if I'll have time to go to the game store, but I might. Davis said something about a live streaming event and I'm hoping that Obsidz gets that going. If not, then it just depends on time. However, if get hooked on the electronic game, then my wife and I were going to start a DnD game with a friend anyway, so I'll probably just invest in the cardboard game. The base set on Amazon is less than fifty bucks and I would probably want to plumb the depths on that one as best I could to get the hang of the game. The add-on decks don't seem prohibitively expensive, although I imagine I wouldn't get them all at the same time.

https://youtu.be/zLJ9m6roOEw this might help give you an idea.

• Like 2

Thanks, bud! I watched the first one and part of the next one. I liked the explanation of the difference between board games and RPGs. I've been playing both all my life. Well, I guess DnD didn't come out until I was seven or so, but you get what I mean. I frankly think I would rather play Dungeons and Dragons with a solid group, but I think my wife will prefer the card game by a good margin. Plus, apparently, two or three people can play the card game no problem. I'm pretty much sold on the board game, but I'm going to hold out long enough to try Obsidz adaptation. I've bookmarked the video series because the dude you linked does a great job of explaining things.

• Like 2

bother?

Now one thing they did mention was that there will be a season pass at a discount, which includes all characters and all adventures. So, if that comes in at 20-25, then that might be more cost effective. I don't think they did say how much the season pass would be, which would be nice to know, I wish I could have made the AMA myself and asked. The season pass also comes with all promo cards. So between the play to unlock and the season pass, you have some options.

We Also have to remember that there Are other purchaceable things than adventure packs.

We have 6 adventure packs

Character upgrade pack

Maybe some promos

Maybe something else, so the total cost will be higher than 30 $, but the season pass will affect Also that. Ans there is that system that allows you to get something just by playing can reduce the total too.

All in all this seems to be cheaper than I personally expected. Season pass can be anything between 20-40$ depending on what you can buy separately, 25-35$ seems more likely though.

But if season pass includes class decks... Well... How Many we allready have them 20? And if each of them in the same 5 $ then the season pass can be much more expensive. Though then there would be more content also.

This is not the same, but for Example Elite dangerous season pass is something like 200$ and the bace game 40-50$. But the season pass includes all future releases than can cost easily 350-500$ is sold separately. So 150-300$ discount. It all is so relative...

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

I don't think they are going to sell class packs.

Because we don't need separate physical cards, we don't need to buy duplicates like are sold in the class decks.

I believe they will be selling or available to earn the individual cards that are unique in the class sets.

If there will be class decks, They Are selling the class deck mechanicks to the game. virtual cards are virtual cards, They don't have subtance, but the mechanics of using class decks has to be programmed separately, and They can Profit by selling "different" packs based on that mechanics.

But yep, we don't know if there will be those or not.

What that would allow, would be online games between different peoples around the world. Like real class decks allows now you to play same character in different Gaming groups. It would be like morpg, but with cards. And I can see how that could be were profitable and fun too!

But there is not online game, in the Beginning, so we have wait and see how They handle the online Gaming.

Most propably, if there will be class decks or similar, They Are not part of the season pass. Or that there will be separate season pass or pay monthly system for that, like in many real online role playing games, or subsgription like there Are class decks by Paizo. All in all the online game will be its own kind of beast, compared to pass and play, that we will get in the Beginning.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV