[v3.00.929 PX1-Steam] No Turning Wheel?

HawkSoft

Question

I'm not seeing any *tool tip* information on my monk's Turning Wheel ability and the battle log show only crush damage.

Battle Forged (she's fire Godlike) does flag up when her endurance falls low enough.

EDIT: But only by the character portrait, not in the tool tip.

Edited by HawkSoft

10 answers to this question

HawkSoft— keep in mind that Scion of Flame will only increase the burn damage from Turning Wheel after it's been calculated. I.e. it is not 25% (Turning Wheel) + 20% (Scion of Flame) = 45% burn damage; rather, if you deal, say, 20 crush damage, then it's 20 * 25% = 5 burn damage from Turning Wheel, plus 5 * 20% = 1 burn from Scion of Flame, for a total of 20 crush + 6 burn.

That said, there is of course a chance that Scion of Flame is not working at all with Turning Wheel—just wanted to point out the workings because, as with most mechanics in PoE, they tend to be unobvious :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Update:

Based on other comments on this forum I re-specked the monk, 500cp wasted (will reload) still no Turning Wheel effect or Scion of Flame.

Edit:

Battle forged (my monk, Zu San, is Fire Godlike) does work but it can zap the character, see attached screenshot:

post-47259-0-44084800-1453647030_thumb.jpg

Edited by HawkSoft

Just checked in a minor fight, monk got no wounds so no Turning Wheel effect (as expected) but no Scion of Flame damage either :(

Based on the then the burn damage I saw being inflicted in the Sanatorium fight was probably correct for Turning Wheel.

Just checked in a minor fight, monk got no wounds so no Turning Wheel effect (as expected) but no Scion of Flame damage either :(

Sounds about right? If there's no burn damage to increase, 20% of 0 is 0 :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Sounds about right? If there's no burn damage to increase, 20% of 0 is 0 :)

Drat!

I had presumed that Scion of Flames (etc.) working like the Whip enchantments, thanks for the correction.

Now I understand things better  :blush: the combat log is mostly showing what I expect.

There has been one occasion when my monk had a wound but there was no burn damage, if this happens again is there anyway to grab a copy of the combat log please?