[CLASS BUILD] The Mad Hornet (dps ranged rogue)

First question is better answered by Boeroer or anyone actually playing rogues. :p

2nd you don't need to skill stealth with a rogue or ranger, anyone could skill it, or the whole party could skill it, but since you are a ranged rogue you don't need it for backstabs.

And no, Stealth is not needed in a party it is quite a different skill than in old IE games and way less op.

(It has quite a few good uses solo if you want to skip fights or on the mentioned bs melee rogue or if you want to flank enemies with it.)

Edited by Raven Darkholme
  • Like 1

Hi,

1. It depends what you want. A rogue with guns, using multiple weapon slots and switching guns after each shot for example can be very effective. Make sure the target has an affliction or two and then fire. Here also Backstab and high stealth can make sense. +150% damage with an arquebus is no joke. Lots of burst damage that Dan instantly take out dangerous foes - but also lots of micro and timing. A rogue with Persistence doesn't need to bother too much about DR or timing - just shooting away with auto-attacks is good enough, no matter the target.

2. I would only take stealth if I'd want to avoid fights (solo run for example)

or if I wanted to use Backstab. You don't need it for anything else. A gun rogue with very high stealth (10+) can wait in the second row for the enemies to engage the frontline without getting detected. He can even wait until his companions caused two afflictions and then fire from short distance with a gunshot that has Sneak Attack, Deathblows AND Backstab (+300% damage) and he can do this out of invisibility as well. A bow rogue doesn't need stealth nor Backstab.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 3 years later...

Hi! I wouldn't recommend this guy for a solo run. It surely is possible to do a solo run with a ranged rogue - but this one is tailored to be a glass cannon in a party. 

But the bow (Persistence) is one of the best ranged dps weapons, so I guess one could build a good solo ranged rogue around DoTs. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Hi! I wouldn't recommend this guy for a solo run. It surely is possible to do a solo run with a ranged rogue - but this one is tailored to be a glass cannon in a party. 

But the bow (Persistence) is one of the best ranged dps weapons, so I guess one could build a good solo ranged rogue around DoTs. 

Ohhhh. :(.

I will try. Maybe more tank. But ty for advice.

<3