Installation/Patching Troubles

WavyDeadClover

Question

Hi,

I'm having trouble patching the game. I patched up to patch_pillars_of_eternity_2.1.1.4 (GOG version, not Steam) and can't seem to run any further patches or start the game without getting error messages. I've never used the GOG Galaxy client (I was hoping I'd be able to use it to update/repair my game, but can't seem to get the client connected) and downloading the patches manually hasn't worked for me either. I googled around and downloaded poeupdate201win.exe from this site which ended up failing to download; I was hoping that would allow me to at least run the game!

I've attached the error log from attempting to apply patch_pillars_of_eternity_2.2.0.5 and another from when I just attempted to open the game (not sure if it'll open if it's not updated). If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it!!

Thanks

patch_log.txt

output_log.txt

2 answers to this question

GOG's patches have been extremely glitchy since 2.0 was released, i've had missing files and patch errors galore.  They also have been taking down sequential patches completely, so if you fall behind you can't patch at all.  GOG is responsible for creating and testing their own patches so i'd contact their support about this too.

I'd recommend just re-downloading the full v2.03 installer again, it sucks having to download the entire game but it'll guarantee you have a clean working version.

Edited by MikeMaximus

Hello WavyDeadClover,

GOG has cleaned up the way they do patching and made it more streamline. However, as Mike has mentioned, if you fall behind on patching you will have to uninstall your game and install the 2.03 installer as GOG does not provide patches for older versions anymore.

If you wish to download and update your game without the confusion, I would suggest using GOG Galaxy. I have provided a link for your convenience. https://www.gog.com/galaxy

Thank you for your support and thank you MikeMaximus for your assistance.