[2.03] Sentinel's Girdle disappeared from inventory, but it is still equipped.

MikeMaximus

Question

I had the Sentinel's Girdle belt equipped on my Druid.  Then I noticed after a combat session the belt was gone from her inventory, however the bonus' from the item are still shown on the character sheet and skill bar.

I'm using v2.03 GOG version.

1.  Download my save game.

2.  Open the inventory for the character "Bipsa",  notice her Waist slot is empty.

3.  Open her character sheet, the Sentinel's Girdle bonus' are still being applied. 

4.  Bipsa's skill bar still contains Watchful Presence granted by Sentinel's Girdle.

I noticed there's an older bug with this item that made it transfer into ring slots, this isn't the case as both her rings are intact with their bonus' applied.

Just wanted to report this. Thanks!

13 answers to this question

Sentinel's Girdle did have a tendency to disappear from the inventory after enering/exiting combat mode.

I thought it was related to the ring slot bug, but apparently not.

These disappearing-item bugs are preoccupying, mostly because 2.02 was meant to have fixed them.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The quicksave was made right outside the room before speaking to Concelhaut.  I reloaded the quick save 2 - 3 times during that fight, due to getting my butt kicked.

Then overwrote the quicksave after I beat him and at that point the belt was already missing.

I'm going to redo the area again from that working save to try and reproduce it as well when I have some time.

I've just tried to repro by simply entering combat, but it didn't work. I still had the belt after combat. Might be an issue related to that specific fight with Concelhaut.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It's very difficult to reproduce. Sometimes I play two days without any incident - and then it happens two times in an hour. I never lost an item with a golden border (=unique), but lots of normal and blue ones - and one time I lost the Forgotten Tear of the Beloved, which has a white border (like soulbound items). I just realized I never lost anything else than weapons. Yesterday was the last time (Version 2.03). 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

^ Confirmed, I've just successfully repro'd.

If your Druid is wearing Sentinel's Girdle and Spiritshifts during combat, once he returns to his regular form the belt's gone.