Game crashing and not creating logs

Deathtognomes

Question

I just bought this game from Steam. At first It was crashing every fw minutes. Tried different compatibilty modes, but none would even load the spalsh screen without errors. Unchecked compativility mode and the game FINALLY created an error file folder. Not sure where to upload files, Ill do that later after i get a dxdiag.

So then I went into Steam and did verify files check, game lasted a while longer. Again it crashed and did not create a log file. 

I downloaded this game before to try it out, that was version 1.1-something and everything wroked fine. Now I'm getting crashes and dialog boxes that wont scroll down and other bugs. It really is annoying. I dont know maybe I should just get a refund from Steam and wait for more fixes.

I had the older version with windows 8.1, and now the new version with windows 10. What the hell broke? Will there be a fix coming?

4 answers to this question

Hello Deathtognomes,

Welcome to the Forums. If you just recently upgraded to Windows 10. Please make sure you run Windows Update and install the critical updates. Also, make sure that your graphics card has the latest drivers installed. It is possible that upgrading to Win 10 moved some files around and if verify cache did not work, I would suggest uninstalling the game and reinstall it. 

Thank you for your support. 

I just installed the game today. Win10 is up to date. Graphic drivers are 15.7.1, this should not make a difference.

I would appreciate and expect something better than a canned response.

It must be nice to assume everyone has the bandwith available to just download another copy of the game, if this is your idea of fixing it, I will get a refund and never play again. However I will do as you say this time.