Multi-monitor issue

Skirge01

Question

I'm using a triple monitor setup at 6036x1200 (Eyefinity) and love it, EXCEPT when I enter a location which does not allow me to zoom out.  Quite often, I'm zoomed in to max, which is quite jarring, and the game doesn't allow me to zoom out at all.  Additionally, there are numerous locations where I can't even scroll the map in all directions, which means I can't see everything due to the monitor bezels and the location being stretched across 2-3 monitors.  I've attached 2 screenshots to show this.  The 2nd attachment shows exactly what I see upon entering the building in the map (1st) attachment.  I can scroll up and down, but not left and right.

Is this a bug?  Known issue?

My workaround is to change the resolution to a single monitor, do what I need to, leave the building, and then change the resolution back to all 3 monitors.  This is quite tedious, though, and I'm considering just playing on a single monitor instead.

post-49053-0-04287000-1443241106_thumb.jpg

post-49053-0-70745400-1443241117_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Any thoughts on the timeline for this to be looked at?

I've had this game on the shelf since the release just waiting for a fix. I really want to get into this game, but the max zoom in buildings is distracting as the OP suggests. Obviously, I could disable trips and just play the game. But, it'd be way cooler if I didn't have to :)

I guess what I'm getting at is:

What is the inherent difficulty level of fixing this issue? Is this something that's deeply embedded in the rendering engine?

-OR-

Is it as simple as flipping a bit and doing some testing to ensure it doesn't break the game?

Thoughts?

Thanks for the time!

Based on Aarik's reply, it surely doesn't sound like it's just "flipping a bit".  If you think about the explanation he gave, it's pretty clear what the issue is.  The way I'm picturing this is that these interior scenes are like holding a real photograph at the corners and attempting to shrink it down or stretch it out more.  You can't because it's a set size.  While it's easy to imagine that an image on a computer screen doesn't have such limitations, all of PoE's scenes actually do.  For the scenes where we are able to zoom out, there is still a limit on just how far we can go because the scene was only created to that size.  The issue is that these interior scenes are already at that outer limit.

I have faith they'll come up with a solution, though.  If any of the devs are looking for options, my suggestion would be to have the resolution switch down to native res on a single monitor when you enter an area like this.  When you leave, have it automatically go back to the large resolution.  At least on my system, switching resolutions happens very quickly and smoothly, so I would be fine with this.  This is my current workaround, anyhow, but it's tedious to do this manually, so an automatic switch would be welcomed with open arms.

Edited by Skirge01

That is troubling to hear, but I appreciate the honest reply.  Any chance of a workaround then?  If I could use a keyboard combination to toggle or switch between 2 resolutions, that would be perfectly acceptable, as well.  It's far too tedious to go into the menu options to select the resolutions each time this happens.