[Spoiler] Still have quests for other gods?

Why don't you go ahead and do them anyway, and get the experience and the satisfaction of playing them?  You can still go turn them into the gods and talk to them and learn about the main plot, even if you don't want their blessing(s).  You can just tell them you already made a promise to Hylea (or change your mind, if the other gods make a more convincing case).

Edited by Flix

Why don't you go ahead and do them anyway, and get the experience and the satisfaction of playing them?  You can still go turn them into the gods and talk to them and learn about the main plot, even if you don't want their blessing(s).  You can just tell them you already made a promise to Hylea (or change your mind, if the other gods make a more convincing case).

That's probably what I'll do.  I don't need the xp really, so I might just leave them until I'm level-capped on that playthrough (which is not using IEMod).

You can do one or do more than one. Gives you a chamce to hear all their offers before choosing. Doing the one for galawain unlocks some conversations with durance.

I don't use the premades, so that wouldn't matter to me.  But I'll do all of them just to hear what they all have to say.  I really hate to have to kill a bunch of people though.... And that's one of the reasons I went with Hylea - don't have to kill anyone....

Depending on your character you can solve Galawain's quest without any bloodshed.  I think you need to have a Druid or very high Survival skill.  Otherwise the best resolution is some beast slaying.  In my opinion this was the most interesting and satisfying discussion with any of the gods, even if I did decide to take Hylea's path.

Some sneakiness can bypass some of the bloodshed in Rymrgand's quest, but a totally bloodless resolution requires that you solve the quest in a way that displeases Rymrgand, failing the quest.

Berath's is the real bloodbath. While at least half of the quest can be solved through dialogue, I never found a way to do the other half without massive slaughter.

Edited by Flix

Depending on your character you can solve Galawain's quest without any bloodshed.  I think you need to have a Druid or very high Survival skill.  Otherwise the best resolution is some beast slaying.  In my opinion this was the most interesting and satisfying discussion with any of the gods, even if I did decide to take Hylea's path.

Some sneakiness can bypass some of the bloodshed in Rymrgand's quest, but a totally bloodless resolution requires that you solve the quest in a way that displeases Rymrgand, failing the quest.

Berath's is the real bloodbath. While at least half of the quest can be solved through dialogue, I never found a way to do the other half without massive slaughter.

Yeah, that's what's bothering me.  I've reloaded both of those so many times I'm tired to death of them.  I really REALLY hate stuff that makes me kill for no reason.  REALLY HATE IT.

Oh, I understand you. Also have an OCD issue and try to avoid killing people. I completed all Gods'  quests except the Berath's quest. I supposed there would be enough slaughter, so decided not to do it . But then I talked to other Gods the second time and realized Berath also could say something interesting and I don't want miss it. So, now I'm going to complete his task to hear what he'll say.

You can do all of the quests, but make sure to only actually promise to follow through on the agenda of one god.

Or make multiple promises, if you really want to see what happens.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Wait, really? I was able to sneak my way through Rymrgand's quest, pass some dialogue checks to convince people to leave, and successfully complete the quest as Rymrgand asked without killing anyone. You might just need a high Resolve?

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

Wait, really? I was able to sneak my way through Rymrgand's quest, pass some dialogue checks to convince people to leave, and successfully complete the quest as Rymrgand asked without killing anyone. You might just need a high Resolve?

That might be true.  It might be that I didn't get to that line because I sent the elves through the breach, thinking I'd just plug the hole behind them with the shard.  It wasn't very clear in the dialogue that I was choosing not to seal the breach.

IIRC, the Merchant background can also get you through the quest, as Ondra will intervene with Rymrgand on your behalf to reward you for being a smooth operator.

Regardless, it bears noting that the people of Twin Elms are unhappy about a resolution where the rift stays open. You know, on account of the giant hole to a dimension of infinite entropy in the middle of their community.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Regardless, it bears noting that the people of Twin Elms are unhappy about a resolution where the rift stays open. You know, on account of the giant hole to a dimension of infinite entropy in the middle of their community.

You know, I expected that but I never noticed anyone saying anything about it.  The only gossip I saw was something like "...and it was an outsider who finally dealt with the Pale Elves, can you believe it?"

So, 'nother question:  if you don't pray at any altar but Hylea's do you still wind up with all the other god quests?  I REALLY don't appreciate being put in the position of killing my way through Twin Elms' temples....

If you can just get the one god quest by using only the one altar, I'll go back to a save before that and redo the whole thing....

I solved Hylea's and Galawain's quests without even knowing that they were the gods' quests.  You can get them independently of praying to the gods.  I'm not sure about Rymrgand or Berath though.  Regardless, if you avoid the respective quest-givers as well as the gods, then yes, I don't think those quests will show up in your log at all.

I solved Hylea's and Galawain's quests without even knowing that they were the gods' quests.  You can get them independently of praying to the gods.  I'm not sure about Rymrgand or Berath though.  Regardless, if you avoid the respective quest-givers as well as the gods, then yes, I don't think those quests will show up in your log at all.

Okay, thanks a bunch Flix!  I'll go back and reload, see how it goes.  I'm a long way from there in my current playthrough; by the time I get to that point in it, I should have figured out what NOT to do!

I've done this pretty much every time I've done that quest, it only requires 17 resolve, so it's not that tough of a requirement with some gear and rest bonuses.  You only need to sneak one person though and it will initiate dialogue with your main character even if they weren't the one doing the sneaking.