Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Suggestions to improve load times

load times suggestion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

EvilVik

EvilVik

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Steam:evileyeofthenorth
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I know a lot of people are suffering from long loading times, and even on a good system this can be annoying.

Most of the time you spend a lot of time on a map, so it's not a big thing, but after playing the White March and running around in Stalwart this actually became really annoying. With all the running in and out of buildings, you spent more time watching the load screen than actually playing the game.

I don't know if it's technically feasable, but my suggestion would be that in areas like Stalwart, Defiance Bay and similar the full map including it's buildings are loaded, so transitions in and out of buildings are done without a loading screen.

This might make the load times for the initial entry slightly longer, but you would skip the following transitions which I'd prefer any day of the week.

Love the game, and can't wait for the part of the White March!

Doppelschwert

Doppelschwert

Sword Enthusiast of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1030 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

They said in a recent interview that they would like to do that in a sequel. I don't think its feasible for this game from an engine point of view.

EvilVik

EvilVik

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Steam:evileyeofthenorth
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

They should be able to do it by putting it all on the same map/area. So going into buldings would be more like teleporting between two areas on the same map.

Of course they would have to hide areas on the map screen so it still looks "right".

• LordValerius likes this

Eisenheinrich

Eisenheinrich

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 137 posts

I can't basically play PoE anymore because of the loading times. With 2.01 loading times and combat performance went through the roof. 

• LordValerius likes this

ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 32 posts

It's the loading times that get me, I'd love to play PoE more often, but it's so daunting with those loooong loading times that I only last an hour or two at most. I like exploring going in and out of buildings, eventually the loading screens just win. I give up. 

Still, a great game.

• Eisenheinrich and LordValerius like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: load times, suggestion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users