Read a lot of posts over the past week that people are struggling on this fight. Wanted to make sure that you guys can beat this lunatic so I made this video for you to learn from. This is on PotD @lvl12

A quick run down in what is covered in the video

1. Separate casters from Statues.
2. Occupy Thaos with Widowlings
3. Buff Accuracy as high as possible
4. Dampen Thaos' buff
5. Debuff Thaos if possible.
6. Petrify/Paralyze Thaos AND KEEP HIM THAT WAY
7. Atta Boy. Now give the souls to Woedica to make the entire second half of the game pointless.

Ya if it is blank you either don't have flash or are blocking the flash scripts associated with youtube. Quite a list of them: yming, google, gstatic, youtube, ajax.google.

here is the link but I will break it up so it doesnt attempt to automatically play the video here.

https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=itJZBtrg4DQ

Browser problem. IE opened it just fine. Thanks.

I will try your tatics tonight. Thanks a bunch for the video. When I finished the game on hard I didnt need to debuff him, just used the Malstrom and paralyse scrolls and it was gg in no time. On POTD those scrolls just don't hit.

Is this the same strategy that should be used with the Alpine Dragon? The best result I had in that fight was to finish all the other creatures. Couldn't really hurt him.

I haven't bought the expansion yet; too afraid that I will do a full playthrough only to have part 2 require me to do another one.  I have watched a video on it and it didn't look too terrible except for the adds. This guy here has done a video on PotD showcasing the fight but he is doinga couple things wrong IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pncy7q5ABEE

Basically his strategy is to take advantage of the Dragons poor target aquisition, face him away from the party, block the Dragon off with small adds, use the Druid to CC the ghosts/ adds that got loose, Good strategy but it can be improved upon a little but not much. Guy knows his stuff

Things he did right: Face dragon away, supress the debuffs on party, buff accuracy, debuff boss, CC. Took a druid for AoE Damage

Things he did wrong:

Starting any Dragon fight in Pillars through text: Every dragon fight is 1000x easier when allowed to position properly before combat. You notice his entire party is hit by that breath. Bad news bears

Using deflection potion over defense scroll

Abused Devotions of Faithful +20 accuracy stacking w/ all other accuracy.  Discovered that on my Thaos video. He didn't realize it though. That bug wont be around long so dont base any strats around it

Didn't abuse instant cast summons to control the adds (his rogue was just standing around = could have spawned summons). If you don't have a druid those adds will swarm you and chain stun you. If you started combat properly by attacking with your tank while they are green, quickly surround yourself with summons (Barb and Rogue should have done) in the proper directions. Will save alot of headache.

Didn't have his druid ,wizard, or rogue use an Alacrity potion

The dragon has no buffs, and is only rocking 110 Will. His strat should have been to have 2 quick accuracy buffs (scroll of valor/Champions Boon) out  and then Slumber the dragon or even better charm it lol before it did its second breath. Can you imagine that breath attack hitting the enemies instead of you? From there just handle the adds / debuff the boss' Fort more and Petrify ftw.

• Like 1

Have to tell you, your tatics worked like a charm.

Amazingly well. I didn't have a cypher on my party and I still could do it.

Pallegina is equipped with a soulbound weapon that when it crits a vessel it kills it.

So after using scroll of valor she insta killed one of the judges.

My Aloth has 67 acc. I cast Champions Boon on him + Eldritch Aim + Scroll of Valor (party) 

His acc goes to 88. Eldritch Aim gets surpressed. But Scroll of Valor (15 acc) + Champions Boon(10 acc) should rise it to 92, no?

Is it a bug?

Another thing I noticed was that I could only cast Gaze of the Adragan once in battle. When I tried to cast it again it said it was already activated. Bug or intended?

Thanks again for the video. It saved a POTD playthrough lol.

I haven't bought the expansion yet; too afraid that I will do a full playthrough only to have part 2 require me to do another one.  I have watched a video on it and it didn't look too terrible except for the adds. This guy here has done a video on PotD showcasing the fight but he is doinga couple things wrong IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pncy7q5ABEE

Basically his strategy is to take advantage of the Dragons poor target aquisition, face him away from the party, block the Dragon off with small adds, use the Druid to CC the ghosts/ adds that got loose, Good strategy but it can be improved upon a little but not much. Guy knows his stuff

Things he did right: Face dragon away, supress the debuffs on party, buff accuracy, debuff boss, CC. Took a druid for AoE Damage

Things he did wrong:

Starting any Dragon fight in Pillars through text: Every dragon fight is 1000x easier when allowed to position properly before combat. You notice his entire party is hit by that breath. Bad news bears

Using deflection potion over defense scroll

Abused Devotions of Faithful +20 accuracy stacking w/ all other accuracy.  Discovered that on my Thaos video. He didn't realize it though. That bug wont be around long so dont base any strats around it

Didn't abuse instant cast summons to control the adds (his rogue was just standing around = could have spawned summons). If you don't have a druid those adds will swarm you and chain stun you. If you started combat properly by attacking with your tank while they are green, quickly surround yourself with summons (Barb and Rogue should have done) in the proper directions. Will save alot of headache.

Didn't have his druid ,wizard, or rogue use an Alacrity potion

The dragon has no buffs, and is only rocking 110 Will. His strat should have been to have 2 quick accuracy buffs (scroll of valor/Champions Boon) out  and then Slumber the dragon or even better charm it lol before it did its second breath. Can you imagine that breath attack hitting the enemies instead of you? From there just handle the adds / debuff the boss' Fort more and Petrify ftw.

I was missing the fact that my party had all those debuffs around. That's probably why the ghosts took so long to die.

I will try that later.

Have to tell you, your tatics worked like a charm.

Amazingly well. I didn't have a cypher on my party and I still could do it.

Pallegina is equipped with a soulbound weapon that when it crits a vessel it kills it.

So after using scroll of valor she insta killed one of the judges.

My Aloth has 67 acc. I cast Champions Boon on him + Eldritch Aim + Scroll of Valor (party) 

His acc goes to 88. Eldritch Aim gets surpressed. But Scroll of Valor (15 acc) + Champions Boon(10 acc) should rise it to 92, no?

Is it a bug?

Another thing I noticed was that I could only cast Gaze of the Adragan once in battle. When I tried to cast it again it said it was already activated. Bug or intended?

Thanks again for the video. It saved a POTD playthrough lol.

Make sure that you look at the tooltip of the spell when you are finding spell accuracy.  The accuracy displayed on your character sheet is actually your weapon accuracy.

For the difference, are you running Zealous Aura or its lesser brother? Those spells will be adding accuracy but will be overriden, making it look like you didn't get enough. 

I had that Adra bug happen to me as well. Very buggy expansion ATM :(

I'm glad I could help! Sensukis videos helped me alot learning the advanced game mechanics so its only fair that I return the favor!

• Like 1

On the Thaos video, top: I tried at level nine, easy game, had spells only to level four, so no success.

I attacked Thaos first, had him on his knees as it looked, damaged, he made no further moves; but the judges were unstoppable.

(I confused them once but it didn't last.) The video shows one character stopping each judge, who makes no moves? How?

One time  I had the judges separately pursuing one character each around the arena while I beat Thaos--but no result, I couldn't run forever.

I admire the numbers game behind the video, but I don't have that kind of mind.

On the Thaos video, top: I tried at level nine, easy game, had spells only to level four, so no success.

I attacked Thaos first, had him on his knees as it looked, damaged, he made no further moves; but the judges were unstoppable.

(I confused them once but it didn't last.) The video shows one character stopping each judge, who makes no moves? How?

One time  I had the judges separately pursuing one character each around the arena while I beat Thaos--but no result, I couldn't run forever.

I admire the numbers game behind the video, but I don't have that kind of mind.

Level 9 is going to be brutal for this fight... you have 9 less accuracy than the fight is intended across the board. 

Its surprising that Thaos isn't the problem, i have never once had an issue with the judges.   Now if Thaos is  on his knees, that means that he jumped to the Judge. The best way to handle this fight is to not let him jump.  You need to either Paralyze/Stun/Petrify him to prevent it.  When he enters a judge he casts the same spells as his human body, just as a giant statue of death, so you really gotta stop him from jumping.

The judges should just hit your tanks and never change targets. If they are changing targets, load your tanks up with some summoning items, Shadows/scarabs will give 3 each and open with them at the start of the fight.