Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Memory leak with the traps, or something?

Traps Setting Lag Stutter Freeze Memory Leak Disarming

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Slvrbuu

Slvrbuu

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Steam:Slvrbuu
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

This seems to get progressively worse until it takes about a minute to disarm traps. The game stutters more and more when disarming traps until eventually it freezes for 10-20 seconds. This only happens when disarming traps, and the only issue I'm experiencing.

The rest of my computer seems to continue normally (ie: a video, or audio continues playing while this stalling happens).

lameover

lameover

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 174 posts
Didn't notice this. All traps disarms instantly.

Slvrbuu

Slvrbuu

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Steam:Slvrbuu
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Well I've managed to beat the game and get the solo achievement and the like, and have since started a new game. This problem has persisted through save games (I thought it was just a save game corruption). I've tried verifying files but that doesn't seem to have helped. All my drivers are up-to-date (as of today I made sure of it). It's really weird. It only happens with traps.

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3186 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hello Slvrbuu,

I have not come across this as well, could you please upload a save file, a dxdiag,  and an output log via dropbox so I can take a look? You can find the location of those files in the link in my signature.

Thanks a bunch!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Traps, Setting, Lag, Stutter, Freeze, Memory Leak, Disarming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users