Infinite Loading Screen (2nd load screen in the game's story)

TestAccount10001

Question

Sorry in advance if this ends up double-posted. Something weird happened with my first attempt.

Description:

After the ambush at the caravan at the beginning of the game, the load screen that follows after the narrow escape will never progress, and the game just hangs indefinitely.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

1) Launch PoE, easy mode, as any class/gender/character. No iron man, no expert mode.

2) Find the berries at the start of the game.

3) Go to find the satchel to get the water and get ambushed per usual.

4) Win the fight and run back to the caravan.

5) Use Lore options to distract the hostage-taker or use high Might option.

6) Kill all enemies.

7) At the storybook cinematic, use the "throw your weapon to save the guy" option.

8.  Observe the load screen that follows.

9) Observe the load screen hangs forever.

Important Files:

I don't really have any files.

Savegames

Actually, I keep trying to make a save file, and nothing happens. I give it a name, and hit the "Save button, but nothing tactile happens indicative of a normal, proper, recording of a save file. Could be related to this bug?

Output Log

Can't upload, file is too big in raw text. Tried to zip, and got "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" error.

I'm all ears on this one. What do you want me to do here?

System Specs

Attaching DxDiag.

Screenshots

Don't have one. It's the 2nd load screen in the game. Don't feel like going through all that just to get a screenshot of a load screen.

Other Notes

Tried this on my brother's PC, which has vastly different specs and got the exact same issue. He's running Windows 10, i7 3770k, Nvidia GTX 970, 16 GB RAM. Same exact result. Same loading screen lasts forever. Bought the Steam code for the game off G2A.Tried verify game cache on Steam already - no effect. Please help.

DxDiag.txt

5 answers to this question

As a new member, you have a short period of moderated status, which means we need to approve your posts. It will be over soon. In the meantime, don't sweat the double post. We'll just remove one. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully one of the devs can use the info.

Welcome to the forum. Don't confine yourself to tech support. Weigh in on any and all issues that interest you. :Cant's slap on the back icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hello.  I'm sorry for your  inconvenience.  Nothing looks amiss with your dxdiag file, so I am going to need you to upload an output log.  Upload it to somewhere like Dropbox and then post a link here.  I'll download that and go from there.  Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/