problems with quest "sacrificial bloodlines"

Madscientist

Question

When I load this file, there is a 50/50 chance that a message appears that the quest is completed, but it is not. The message appears only as scroll, the quest journal shows the correct thing. When I use my int>19 to make him drink the poison he attacks me, though the game guide says something different.

steps to reproduce:

- accept to kidnap and sacrifice the child

- accept to poison Simoc

- I went outside and got the poison

- I went to inside the house with the child and looked at it, but I did not take it.

- I returned to the hall of warriors and made this save

result:

-When I load the save, sometimes a message appears that the quest is completed and sometimes it does not happen.

-When I use my int to make him drink the poison, everybody in the room attacks me. According to the game guide you can avoid combat if you have int or res of 19 or higher

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhq94g0sxe0ulw0/0ee25d71d5054a4a9a9e289f647ae6a9%2012256647%20HallederKrieger.savegame?dl=0

After killing them all, the quest is shown as completed in the quest journal.

note: If there is an option like [lie] "I accept to do it." [deceptive], I am not sure if I took it or not.

Edit:

The message that the quest is completed appears only when I do this:

- load the game

- give him the poison

- the game pauses automatically when combat starts

- load the game while the game is paused (I loaded because I did not expect a fight according to the game guide)

- The message is shown when you load the game when you were in this fight before loading

Edited by Madscientist

3 answers to this question

Hello, again.  I definitely see the issue with the scroll popping up and telling you the quest is completed before it is and I will enter that bug into our database.  However, I must ask which game guide you are using, as having Intellect at 19 is only half of the equation.  You will also need either Perception at 19 or Resolve at 20 for the second part of the questioning by Simoc.  I was able to complete the quest without having to fight Simoc by raising perception to 19.  

I will look into the issue with the game guide being possibly incorrect and enter the other bug into our database. I'm sorry for your inconvenience and thank you for your support.  

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

I use the big book "Pillars of Eternity Collectors Edition Guide"

On page 310 is written: "You must have Resolve 19 or Intellect 19 to pull this off; otherwise this ends in a battle."

But the book was also wrong about the task "Missing Sentries".

On page 278 is written that in case of combat you can save the solders by killing the ghost first.

In this forum it has been confirmed that you have to kill everybody when it comes to combat.

Most likely the book is wrong. It has been printed before the game came out.

Many things changed since then, and with 2.0 lots of things will change again (e.g. what attributes do )

Usually I play a game without help for the first time, later I get a guide and play it again to find all the things I have missed.