I just wanted to share my frustration on what just happened. I am soloing PoE with a level 7 fighter character and I just went through the Mausoleum in Heritage Hill where you fight Leyra and 4 Paladins. I had to restart the fight quite a few time until I found a way to survive long enough to kill her by backing up in a corner. I was almost there when only one Paladin was left but he was out of reach of my fighter and he starting spamming "Halt" which causes the character to become stuck and unable to move for 10 seconds. It was really frustrating standing there being perma-stuck and not being able to do anything about it while the Paladin wouldn't even move or attack but just keep on spamming his "Halt" spell every 2 seconds. I had to wait until he line up 1 grazes and 2 misses in that perfect order to become unstuck just long enough to reach and kill him.

Screenshot%202015-08-13%2001.05.20.gif

i don't play PoE (will play perhaps someday), but i looked up wiki and the 'halt' spell targets your will, perhaps it would be good if you somehow raised this stat to prevent this from happening in future battles.

you're right Gfted, i think it's also weird in regards to the enemy ai because if i understand it right then the paladin started casting after his other guys were dead? I'd imagine if one of the paladins started casting that spell right from the start when they were alive and kicking then the solo fighter wouldn't stand a chance even if he'd cast it just a few times i'd guess.

I agree, increasing the "Will" stat would probably give my character an edge in that kind of situation but if you look more closely to the screenshot most of the time the spell resulted in a grazes and a few misses in-between so that isn't bad. Now is it normal for a Paladin to cast the same spell over and over again without doing anything else? And just how many time would a player Paladin be able to cast that spell in a fight anyway?