So, White march 1 to ... 3?

If they had called them two expansions, even more people would have whined about "DLC!" and "selling out!" and "everything used to be better!"

And it would have been harder to justify giving both to backers at no extra charge, which is what was promised in the first place ('cause really, conceptually The White March is one expansion; they merely split it in two halves 'cause it would have been a strategically bad move to release an expansion one year after the original game.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I think it's just bad marketing.

If they had said "we're making two expansions", everyone would have been happy. But they said "We're making one expansion divided into 2 parts", so everyone is complaining.

Considering the trends these last few years, that change in wording could have made a big difference.

It may be bad marketing in other countries but I don't think it is in the USA.  We are used to things like that.  TV commercials drive me up a wall, telemarketers are a curse upon the land.  Obsidian is a USA company and thinks USA not UK, Europe or Japan, etc.

It is one Expansion not two expansions.  I am quite happy with that and have no problem with it.  I think I would have been concerned if they had called it two expansions.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I think it's just bad marketing.

If they had said "we're making two expansions", everyone would have been happy. But they said "We're making one expansion divided into 2 parts", so everyone is complaining.

But it would be lieing to customer, which may be normal practice in US, but could cause legal problem in other parts of the world, or ceo sepuku in Japan.

Let devs do their things. Complain about bugs, inba, stupid AI, and lack of content <- normal things to coplain about.

They have the idea of big expansion, which is nice since that means more coherentive story, bigger and more epic. Also larger location which do not feel empty. Good stuff.

They divided it into 2 parts, so players can get something now (2 new companions woot). Not to mention that having money now allows to create bigger things. Also good.

Edited by evilcat
  • Like 1