Can I run Pillars?

Orderian

Question

Hey there guys, Im going to be buying a new laptop and I only really like playing CRPGs and the like and I was wondering if you could give me some advice? Will the following laptop run things like Shadorwrun Hong Kong, Torment and more importantly Pillars? Especially Pillars?

Toshiba Satellite L70-B-14Z 17.3-Inch Notebook (Intel Core i5 2.2 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Dedicated Graphics AMD R7 M260 2 GB)

Id be super appreciative of any advice offered :-

Edited by Orderian

10 answers to this question

Hi there guys, I was wondering, I have actually been able to get a better laptop, will this next one run it any better?

Toshiba SATELLITE L70-C-12R Intel Core i5-5200U 6GB RAM 1TB HD 17.3" Laptop windows 10 NVIDIA® GeForce® 930M with NVIDI 2GB dedicated VRAM Gaming Laptop.

I would once again appreciate the input.

A geforce 930M is a pretty abysmal video card, though I'm unsure how good the ATI card is in your original post so I can't really say which is better or if their both terrible.

Edited by Nicholas Steel

Windows 10 x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB OC1 Windforce x3 | Integrated Audio | 8GB DDR3 RAM | ASUS P6T | Corsair AX760 PSU

I have a laptop with a Nvidia GeForce 555M. It's nearly 4 years old now and PoE runs fine with low and ok with medium details.

I'm using Ubuntu 15.04 by the way.

Even if the 930M is abysmal - it's still better than mine, so... :)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I got my answer to the performance of Pillars on the 2nd laptop, and as the Support Member said: It runs wonderfully on lower resolutions. Im quite stunned, as everything Ive thrown at my laptop has run at 60FPS solidly on highest settings; Path of Exile, League of Legends, Darkest Dungeon, Torchlight 2 et al. Just how intensive is this game? I reckon if I could turn shadows off it would run amazing. I also lowered the MSAA, still runs worse than I thought it would. Is there really NO way to turn some settings off or down, other than that slider?