AI Behavior (Auto Attack) Suggestion

Even though the 2.0 beta patch has just been released i have came across what could be a dilemma for some people. When setting up your wizard on auto you have the options to be defensive etc, but you also have the option to Damage (which means the wizard will use offensive spells) and Crowd Control ( which means it will use spells that blind etc). What i'd like to see would be a third option that does a mix of both.

Edited by Gary1986

Honestly i will be happy if companion AI will just autoattacking with whatever stick they have in hand. It was horrible experience to have half of party staying empty circle.

Unfortunetly all the real issues i have, are already planned :-( which was:

- More influencial consitucion (5% bonus)

- Single unstealth

- AI

- Retraining

- more companions.

So there is no real issue. However i can think of "more things", talents, abilities, items. So builds which was possible in theory could be work more.

It would be also nice if Pallegina has some inherit conviction (and maybe even piced order) so you  could have Palladin in party without a need to play one.

Honestly i will be happy if companion AI will just autoattacking with whatever stick they have in hand. It was horrible experience to have half of party staying empty circle.

Unfortunetly all the real issues i have, are already planned :-( which was:

- More influencial consitucion (5% bonus)

- Single unstealth

- AI

- Retraining

- more companions.

So there is no real issue. However i can think of "more things", talents, abilities, items. So builds which was possible in theory could be work more.

It would be also nice if Pallegina has some inherit conviction (and maybe even piced order) so you  could have Palladin in party without a need to play one.

Don't get me wrong, im more than happy with the Al auto attack they have added. I just want an option that would allow my casters to use a mixture of damage spells and crowd control spells

OK, I must be misunderstanding something basic because when I set up the AI to strike back when attacked, nobody does...they just sit and get hammered.  Magic users will fight on auto, but they've always fought that way for me--but they hurl the same spell over and over (just make sure they are equipped with a wand of some kind and they'll automatically throw a spell from a ranged position.)  So, my fighters don't seem to be attacking & my spell casters seem to be behaving the way they've always behaved, even when I have set their AI to aggressively fight.  It's not a big deal for me as I am used to playing the game without the AI...but just thought I would mention it.

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

OK, I must be misunderstanding something basic because when I set up the AI to strike back when attacked, nobody does...they just sit and get hammered.  Magic users will fight on auto, but they've always fought that way for me--but they hurl the same spell over and over (just make sure they are equipped with a wand of some kind and they'll automatically throw a spell from a ranged position.)  So, my fighters don't seem to be attacking & my spell casters seem to be behaving the way they've always behaved, even when I have set their AI to aggressively fight.  It's not a big deal for me as I am used to playing the game without the AI...but just thought I would mention it.

I think you need to turn aggressive on. It makes your characters 'seek out'' other targets once the target they are attacking has been killed.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you need to turn aggressive on. It makes your characters 'seek out'' other targets once the target they are attacking has been killed.

Thanks guys, I'll give it a whirl and get back...!

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin: