Inventory Suggestions - Sell all button & Inventory Limits

I would like to see an option that makes selling items in inventory (i.e. in the chest, and not carried by a PC) faster. Such as selecting a type: Armor and then selecting sell all. Why? So I can unload all those spears and shields quickly.

Though I appreciate the ability to carry an endless amount of inventory, I would like to see the number of allowed inventory chest slots for weapons and armor based on total party might. Items in excess of this can be stored at the stronghold. The stronghold should function like a bank safe deposit box for valuables ( of course banks are robbed on occasion is security is light).

Example:

A PC of might 15 could carry 15 items of each type in their inventory chest (15 weapons, 15 armor), a party with 3 characters of total might 30 can carry 30 items in each slot. A min/max party of 3 with total might of 9 can carry 9 items of weapons and armor ( 9 weapons and 9 armor items).

This would:

Force players to choose which piece of loot to take and which to leave behind. Now I take everything as their is no encumbrance limit, as in TOE. This would make might a more valued stat.

Perhaps, a fatigue penalty if the party exceeds its carry limit.

----  Total Might = 20

----  20 armor and 20 weapons without fatigue

----  21 to 28 items of Armor and Weapons (each) = Minor Fatigue

----  29 to 36 items or Armor and Weapons (each)  = Major Fatigue

Edited by EdwinP

So it's OK if the party is allowed to carry way more than they could legitimately carry without a horse and wagon but not to potentially carry an infinite amount without penalty which allows everyone to make their own choices about how much they want their party to use the stash instead of adding a penalty which would then result in them using some bottomless container or containers someplace to keep their extra stuff?

I vote no...

• Like 1

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I'm not a fan of the stash being infinite but it's not a big deal.
However, given the sheer number of shields and spears you pick up - having a 'sell-all' button (or better, a select, ctrl-select to choose a group to sell) would save not only my left-mouse button, but also save me from repetitive strain injury on my clicky-finger :p

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

What about "flag as junk" or "flag to sell" button (e.g. Alt+LMB, if that's not taken)? Then there could be a "sell all junk" button in the shop interface. Maybe even allow flagging or directly selling via a lasso select, although that might be a bit too much of an overhaul to how the interface is programmed.

^On the one hand, that would end up being more clicks than currently - On the other hand, you could do it as you go in smaller bursts (assuming you could do it in the looting interface.  If not, you'd be clicking through the stash sections to find what you just picked up to flag it.)

lasso-select or shift-select would be better.  (I meant shift above rather than ctrl - fits Windows conventions better)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: