Hi all,

I've made Pillar of Eternity damage calculator in Excel doc.

Idea is to get average damage for weapon, based on its properties and enemy defense and DR.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8knc1n166403ind/Pillars%20of%20Eternity%20damage%20calculator%20v1.0.xlsx?dl=1

I've first made this for my personal use, when I got annoyed that I lose too much time just approximating damage of weapons, doing calculations in my head.

But now, when I made it, it feel wrong not to share it.

What this tool can do:

It can calculate average damage of the weapon from single attack. Attack, deflection, DR, crit. modifier, graze conversion, lash and min. damage are all taken in account.

What this tool can not do:

It can not calculate the speed of the weapon (including reloads and recovery), since that info is not exposed in UI and can only be collected by testing.

Still, based on some testing on my own, I collected some relative values between ranged and melee weapon speeds using characters with no armor and Dex of 10. I put them in the tool just for the reference, and idea would be to use them, when you want to compare average damage of two weapons with different speeds, to get some general idea how they compare.

If you find any errors in damage calculations, please post it here.

IMPORTANT:

You need to be able to edit Excel files in order to use this tool, in order to change weapon stats.

You should be able to use either MS Excel, Open Office Calc, or upload tool to Google Sheets and use from there.

Edited by player1
  • Like 3

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

^Interesting. I like collected raw values used in speed calculations.

Although I'm not sure if all speed values fit my emphiric tests.

For example, based on spreadsheet, war bow is 33% slower then hunter bow, while my tests show it is around 50% (dex 10, no armor). Also BB is at relative speed of pistol (my tests) and not of arquebus, as in spreadsheet.

I was testing this by pitting two characters with bows against the third one and then counting number of hits for each until they sync completely (while ignoring starting hit). It is a crude test, and not too precise, but it gives good aprox. of the relative speed of two weapons.

Edited by player1
  • Like 1

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.