[1.0.6 Mac GoG] Silver Tide sometimes doesn't apply to self

Nobear

Question

I have experienced it many times in combat that my main (a Moon Godlike paladin tank) heals everyone in the party *except* herself when Silver Tide triggers. It even shows that way in the combat log. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Has anyone else experienced this?

I will take a screen snapshot the next time it happens. Would my save file help?

8 answers to this question

Wait, how do you take a screenshot on the Mac GoG version that actually shows up? When I take a screenshot with command-shift-3, it comes out all black. I had a perfect example of this bug to show, I swear!

Edit: A thought just occurred to me, that perhaps party order affects this. It's a stab in the dark, but party order affects other things you wouldn't expect, like the "random" items you get.

Update: I switched party order with the tank in question either in slot 1 or slot 2, and Silver Tide fails to hit her either way.

Edited by Nobear

Okay, so I also happen to be playing a Mooninite on a Mac with the GOG version, albeit 1.0.5 rather than 1.0.6. I did some testing of this last night. My findings so far are that although Silver Tide is never listed in the combat log as hitting my Moonie, it always does. 

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-13%20silver%20ti

So, here we can see the following: my monk ate a pie to give her +10 endurance over her natural 62. That gave her 72 endurance. A very rude mushroom knocked her on her butt for 24 points of damage, SO RUDE. That left her at End 48. Silver Tide activated. In the log, it only shows it hitting the other party members. But you can see in the shot that green "19" floating over my monk, and indeed, her health bar shows that she is now at 48+19=67 Endurance. Silver tide hit her, it just did not show up in the combat log.

I don't have any other screenshots that illustrate it so clearly, but my observations are that this is happening every single time: Silver Tide hits her, and it is never listed in the combat log. So unless you're experiencing something very different, the problem isn't that Silver Tide isn't working, it's that it's not being reported properly.

Okay, so I also happen to be playing a Mooninite on a Mac with the GOG version, albeit 1.0.5 rather than 1.0.6. I did some testing of this last night. My findings so far are that although Silver Tide is never listed in the combat log as hitting my Moonie, it always does. 

Thanks you for that. Sometimes it seems my Moon Godlike isn't being healed, but I suppose it's possible that she just took a colossal hit and is still low. I will pay very close attention from now on.

BTW since you are playing on Mac as well, how are you taking screenshots that show up? Command-shift-3 results in an all black screenshot for me. I don't know if it could have something to do with the fact I'm using integrated graphics (MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)). Mac OS X 10.10.3.

PS I am still not seeing the Shielding Flames buff on myself from the Shieldbearer ability on FoD. It only appears on other nearby allies. Maybe I should make a new thread about this...

Edited by Nobear

BTW since you are playing on Mac as well, how are you taking screenshots that show up? Command-shift-3 results in an all black screenshot for me. I don't know if it could have something to do with the fact I'm using integrated graphics (MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)). Mac OS X 10.10.3.

It's possible. I'm not sure the game actually supports integrated cards? But I'm just using command-shift-3 as usual.