Can't Play My Game, please help.

godholdingagun

Question

I am having a problem when I load my game, everything seems fine on the title screen except for the notice in the right hand corner about the update, there is a long pink line on the notice that wouldn't be a big deal except it's the same shade of pink that covers the entire screen when i load a game. I'm playing on a Macbook pro, osx 10.9.5, 2.5 ghz i7,16g ram, nvidia 750m. If i try to start a new game the load screen is white and text is invisible, as is the opening scene. The character creation is almost invisible with an opaque white. The only thing that doesn;t seem to be affected is the main menu and the wooden boarder of most things, even the saved games pictures are pink squares.  I tryed attaching a saved game but the file was too big, .5mb? it was 1.5mb compressed

Please let me know what I should do if you can. Thanks in advance. 

Player copy.log.zip

2 answers to this question

I am having a problem when I load my game, everything seems fine on the title screen except for the notice in the right hand corner about the update, there is a long pink line on the notice that wouldn't be a big deal except it's the same shade of pink that covers the entire screen when i load a game. I'm playing on a Macbook pro, osx 10.9.5, 2.5 ghz i7,16g ram, nvidia 750m. If i try to start a new game the load screen is white and text is invisible, as is the opening scene. The character creation is almost invisible with an opaque white. The only thing that doesn;t seem to be affected is the main menu and the wooden boarder of most things, even the saved games pictures are pink squares.  I tryed attaching a saved game but the file was too big, .5mb? it was 1.5mb compressed

Please let me know what I should do if you can. Thanks in advance. 

Hello,

I would try to verify the integrity of the game if you bought Pillars on steam (Right-click on Pillars from your game library > properties > Local files > verify integrity of game cache) or do a reinstall if you bought it from from somewhere else like gog. Also, be sure to run the game as an administer. Hope this help.

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!