[1.05.0567] Bug with Falanroed in the Master Below.

Happypig

Question

Hi - I'm playing PoE on OSX using the Steam version 1.0.5.0567 and I have a bug that occurs when I kill Falanroed in the Master Below Quest.  When I do so, the screen fades to black, as it often does for a scripted event, but then nothing reappears, no matter how long I wait.  This PoE black screen can't be exited by any key unless I force-quit the game.  

Any thoughts?  

Edited by Happypig

17 answers to this question

I just tried replicating this bug again so that I could upload savegames and log files to help assist the developers, and oddly, it's fixed.  The perpetual black screen resolved following combat with Falanroed and I was able to continue to the dialog with the dragon and complete the quest.  I checked to see if there was some beta update, but I'm still running 1.0.5.0567.  No clue, but no problem anymore!

I have the same problem! When Falanroed's health goes to zero, the game autopauses, screen fades to black, then nothing. I will try uploading the requested info...

Well I'll be jiggered! As I was trying to work through all the steps in the How to Report post, I wound up back in the game and the issue then resolved itself. I can't guess what went wrong but I don't think it was a disk read because I can hear and see evidence of big disk reads normally. Also the CPU utilization was only 10% and memory use appeared minimal.

Hmmm....

I got a bug where, when I place the amulet on faranoed's neck he gets taken over, after giving me some advice to follow Thaos.. but then he attacks after saying he should run..
Then even when i beat him, I could not control one of my members of my team. I wouldn't let me leave the area. Also, no journel entry either. It still says to find the dragon slayer..

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

I am unable to reproduce these issues.  Azmodiuz, do you have a saved game that is experiencing the issue that you can upload?  Upload it and the output log to Dropbox and then post a link here so we can take a closer look.  Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

I also have this issue on OSX. Tried a couple of times, w/ and w/o GOG Galaxy, always the same: after defeating Falanroed, she seems to walk away, a GAME PAUSED sign comes up, the screen fades to black, aaaand... it's gone. Nothing happens. Black screen, music plays in the background, nothing to do in the game. I have a saved game, autosave arriving to Black Meadow, I can upload it, just let me know if it helps.

Hello, j.e.d.  Yes, that will help.  Please upload those files to Dropbox and post a link here.  I'll see if I can reproduce this issue, and even if I can't, the files will help the proper team get to the bottom of this issue.  Thanks!

• Like 1

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello again.  No offense taken at all.  I was unable to reproduce the issue with the files you provided.  I did however create an issue in our database and passed it along to the proper team to take a look.  Thanks again for your support!

Hello, again.  Are you by chance using IEmod?  Try turning that off if you are.  If you are not, turn off all the auto-pause options right before the end of the fight, as I've heard that can help.  Thanks for your support during this issue!

• Like 1

Hello, again.  Are you by chance using IEmod?  Try turning that off if you are.  If you are not, turn off all the auto-pause options right before the end of the fight, as I've heard that can help.  Thanks for your support during this issue!

Yesssss! You are awesome! It did the trick. Huhh, quite the wait, but it was worth. Thank you so much for your willing to help, Celliott. I owe you one.

Hello again, j.e.d.  I'm glad I was able to fix your problem and get you on your way.  Your enjoyment of the game is payment enough!  Thanks for your support!

If I may ask, was it the auto-pause or IEMod?  I'll be able to better help anyone else that has this issue with the additional information.

Hello again, j.e.d.  I'm glad I was able to fix your problem and get you on your way.  Your enjoyment of the game is payment enough!  Thanks for your support!

If I may ask, was it the auto-pause or IEMod?  I'll be able to better help anyone else that has this issue with the additional information.

Oh, yes, sorry, I forgot to mention, I switched off every auto pause option in the menu. So there was no Game paused sign after defeating Falanroed, the screen faded for a second, but the game continued w/ some monologue of Falanroed.

I do not use any mod, never did.

Thx a lot again!