What does GOG Galaxy mean for those with GOG versions?

Now that GOG Galaxy is released, those of us with GOG versions of Pillars of Eternity have some questions:

Does this mean we will no longer have to wait till a week later for updates compared to Steam?

What about the delivery of  hotfixes on GOG Galaxy?

Will you implement a similar beta patch system  as there is on the Steam versions?

Unfortunately,  Obsidian did NOT make it clear that non-Steam versions would have to wait much longer to get updates and hotfixes. I for one would not have chosen GOG if I was aware of these consequences before redeeming my key.

Yeah, the hyperbole is strong in the OP. GOG has never taken a week for any of the PoE patches and, as noted, Galaxy is in Beta, so it's probably a bit early to be asking about patch and hotfix delivery.

Unfortunately,  Obsidian did NOT make it clear that non-Steam versions would have to wait much longer to get updates and hotfixes. I for one would not have chosen GOG if I was aware of these consequences before redeeming my key.

That's because it has nothing to do with Obsidian. Origin and GOG perform short verification processes before deploying patches. Steam simply allows developers/publishers to push updates out at will.

• Like 1

The Dude abides.