[1.05 beta] After using an ability, characters no longer resume auto-attacks

BrickleberryPi

Question

I thought something was weird, but now I'm certain of it: after using an ability in combat, characters that were auto-attacking do not resume attacking. I tested this out on my wizard by using arcane assault and he just stops and waits for the next command instead of resuming auto-attacks.

1 answer to this question

I thought something was weird, but now I'm certain of it: after using an ability in combat, characters that were auto-attacking do not resume attacking. I tested this out on my wizard by using arcane assault and he just stops and waits for the next command instead of resuming auto-attacks.

They way I deal with POE invisible order queue and own character's unpredictable behavior :

for each battle order/command  I give I go trough the fallowing process..

- select unit ( Ex.. "3" "3" .."3" )

- Identify own unit position on battlefield (this can take a few minutes for all units since they like to hide beneath rocks, trees, buildings, gratuitous spell effects etc .. )

- after own unit's position has been identified - evaluate orders according with current battle situation

- Crucial step  "X" "X" "X" - clear unit's invisible order queue (you can't check what's in there (WHY ?!?!) - but 99% of the time is NOT what you'd expect)

- Que own orders  ( Ex Activate Swift Strikes then(shift) torments reach target Z, Mark Prey target Z then(shift) strike with wounding shot target Z then (shift)(auto) attack target Z, Cast AOE offensive spell then(shift)(auto) attack target Z  )

Every time you feel like giving a new order to any of your units (even a simple move order) you must go through the above steps to reduce surprises (WTF is he doing now ?!! I didn't order that !!  )

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg