Trap Triigers

Khalid the bear

Question

Beside Trap trigger area being small compared to traps found in game (and not dependent on Mechanic level or inteligence) they are unreliable/unclear

example in screenshots: woedicas Headsman Clearly standing/walking ower two traps, none of which triggered

(at the same time (not covered in screnshots)  Woedicas judge triggered 2 traps

post-151623-0-81403100-1430308435_thumb.jpg

post-151623-0-92618200-1430308438_thumb.jpg

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

6 answers to this question

It seems that traps trigger correctly, but at a slight delay (around 2-3 seconds). Also, the trap effect is applied not in the trap area, but at the current location of the enemy triggering it first.

Especially when fighting fast enemies, this is a minor problem, because the enemies "pull" the AoE effect from the trap with them towards your melees. I always have to compensate for that a little by placing the traps farther out so that enemies can't reach my frontline until the trap effect triggers correctly.

Nevertheless traps are awesome!

Edited by Zwiebelchen

It seems that traps trigger correctly, but at a slight delay (around 2-3 seconds). Also, the trap effect is applied not in the trap area, but at the current location of the enemy triggering it first.

not every time, in case i screenshoted, traps didnt triger att all, and i colected them after the fight

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

not every time, in case i screenshoted, traps didnt triger att all, and i colected them after the fight

Might be a problem with the size of the enemies or two traps triggering at the same time. I've been using traps quite a lot and they always triggered for me (though not always on the enemy I thought it would).

cold be as i have used them just on 'big' enemies (dragon and woedicas judge/headsman

i'have also heard the theory that the enemy has to pass trough the center of the trap

if either is true, its maybe not a bug, but an issue that still has to be adressed