I have some question about this first of all does Retaliation work on evry attack or only if enemy hits you or (hit, graze) or (crit,hit,graze) or (crit,hit,graze,miss- full spectrum)?

M: 09

C: 18

D: 03

P: 20

I:   08

R: 20

Next as i understand i can pick 6 talents 

Savage Atack (what lvl i need for this one)

Vurnable Atack (what lvl i need for this one)

and depenging on  Retaliation if it works on all i would probably go Weapon and Shild cuz it will boost my deflection but if it dosent work on misses i would probably go some 2 handed big dmg 

next 

Faint and Conviction does it scale up for evry rep point in right direction or does it start whit max and only scale down if you negativ?

Deep Faith does it scale too?

About modal talents i heard thet defense talents dont stuck so i guess i cant go Cautious Attack + Zealous Endurance ? can somone confirm this?

Edited by obsidiannalog

Retalitation is bad on Paladins. Simple because they have no passive good damage bonuses to make retalitation stronger. Savage Attack and Vulnerable Attack can make it stronger but any class can take it.

Retalitation is good for example on Barbarian because he has Carnage, OSA plus Blooded. Carnage makes every retalitation proc on every enemy around once more, increasing inseanly dps, OSA adds 20 damage to it and blooded bump it once again by 25% when below 50%. OSA is really the only good thing for barbs. Without it, they do not have good damage bonuses, since their strong abilities- Blooded and Bloodlust trigger at 50% Endurance. And Frenzy is not so good.

Next is Rogue because of Sneak Attack, Deep Wounds and higher Crit chances. If you are attack by enemies who are flanked or have one/two conditions that are required for Sneak Attack 50% more damage to work- each retalitation also get 50% more. Whats more, each retalitation hit trigger Deep Wounds, so AOE RAW damage DOT. But to do it you need to meet requirments for Sneak Attack. Which can be problem in solo, easy with party.

Nest is Cipher, because his Soul Whip and Bitting Whip gives him permanent 40% more damage, so only 10% less than Rogue and it is permanent without any requirements (well, you have to be under max focus, but you are always since you use spells…). That is 40% more damage to retalitation. Whats more- each retalitation hit gives you Focus like normal attack, allowing you to spam DPS AOE spells.

Add to those 3 classes above Savage Attack and Vulnerable Attack and you have comparsion what retalitation builds can do.

And you need 18 Might at least for retalitation. Low Might on Paladin will make laghtable damage from retalitation. Super low. You need Might for retalitation.

All other calsses can benefit from retalitation (it is always additional DPS) however they do not have builds around that. I heard monk can be build for it, but it won’t be as good as those above.

If you are looking for retalitation builds, then Barbarian>>Rogue>Cipher>>>>rest. I’d say. Some would put Cipher before Rogue, but I like Deep Wounds.

Edited by Voltron

Might on 20 gives only 1.3 dmg thets like 1 talent

Rouge cant tank so he will die after 2-3 hits and Paladin can Retaliate 20 times before he dies especialy if he is attacked by more enemy

Dosent Retalation do same dmg as your normal attack?

And does it work on Grazes Mises?

Darcozzi Fires Talent at lvl 2+ will give them a base 10 burn retaliation as well.  Much earlier than other builds,though has to target reflex to hit.  Always seemed to be 5 behind in accuracy but least Zealous Focus works out well with it.  It can graze, hit, and crit just like any other melee attack.  Also it checks DR like every attack, so vulnerable is particularly important this way.

It doesn't scale well, but it is added damage and great at low levels.  Once you tack on Inspiring Exhortation and/or Sworn enemy, you can suddenly hit reliably with it too a lot of times.  Also paladins are unique with the Outworn buckler that doesn't take away accuracy to tank well.

The fact that you shore up your own accuracy issues and relieve any status debuffs is good with it stacking with the retaliation items.  

Might on 20 gives only 1.3 dmg thets like 1 talent

Rouge cant tank so he will die after 2-3 hits and Paladin can Retaliate 20 times before he dies especialy if he is attacked by more enemy

Dosent Retalation do same dmg as your normal attack?

And does it work on Grazes Mises?

Ech…Rogues can’t tank? Use „Search” and type „Retalitation Rouge Tank” thread or „Triple Crown Solo Rogue”. And see for yourself. Rogue can tank. Tanking is all about Deflection, which you can bump through gear and stats, CON and self-heals or escape skills. If you make Moon Godlike Rogue, use DEX and INT as dump stats, you can have nice Deflection from start and high CON. Whats more retalitation works much better on Rogue and he has “shadowing beyond”- skill that lets you reset any fight if you can’t tank anymore.

And that 1.3 is not just “one talent” that is one MORE talent that you will be missing. Every damage on PotD solo matter, EVERY. 20-30% is a lot when you solo.

And remember one thing- retalitation works when you get HIT. GET HIT. The highest Deflection you have- the less Retalitation will be usefull. So, Yes you can bump PER and RES and get super high deflection as Paladin but that is counter productive for Retalitation gear. You have to find good balance between Delfection and Retalitation. If you want to be TOTAL tank- retalitation won’t do much.

That is why barb synergyze so well fir Fire Godlike and Retalitation. Low deflection plus Carnage means more AOE dps. And high endurace plus Defiance help keep it up J.

And as I said- Paladins do not have good talents that support retalitation. Nor good damage bonuses to melee.

Paladin tank/solo PotD is definetly good. There is solo Triple Crown video somewhere. However if you thinking mainly of “retalitation buil”, not “paladin build” then they do not synergy that good. There are much better options for retalitation build.