hostile hirelings

Gromnir

Question

the stronghold hirelings still become permanently hostile in 1.04 and their hostility is contagious so that keep guests also go berserk.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/76257-bug-stronghold-hirelings-guests-attack-hero-party-on-sight/

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 answer to this question

I had a similar problem in one of my games. Specifically, I did a manual resolution of a keep attack, and during the attack one of the enemy's characters cast 'charm' or 'dominate' or something similar, and a number of the hirelings flipped to red 'enemy' condition (as one would expect). My characters then attacked the caster and killed him, and finished killing all the hostile forces (including the hirelings, since they still were hostile). The battle ended, I had my characters rest, then hired new hirlings (since all the old ones were dead). The new hirlings immediately turned hostile and attacked. I tried firing them, leaving the keep, and hiring some new hirlings, but they continued to immediately turn hostile as soon as my characters entered the keep area (i.e., as soon as one of my characters entered detection range of one of the hirlings. I had to load a save from before the attack on the keep. Fortunately this time nobody on the attcking forces cast any 'charm-like' spells, so the issue did not crop up again.