What spells should I learn from enemies Grimoires

So I was looking on the wiki ( http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Wizard ) to figure out more about Grimoires, and then I got to this 

"If Wizards come across a spell in an enemy's grimoire, they can choose to learn that spell for the cost (in copper pieces) required to research it.[2] They also learn one new spell every time they gain a level, but they can't choose to learn unique spells on level up."

What are these *unique* spells that I cant learn on level up, so that I can choose to prioritize learning those spells (assuming I can get them from enemy grimoires) so I dont end up paying copper for a spell I could get normally by leveling up

You'll have plenty of money to learn everything you find that way; if anything, you want to avoid wasting a level up spell pick on something you can get by paying a bit of copper.

Yep. Very early on you might want to just hold on to the grimoires and be somewhat selective (get some decent elemental damage spells and some that target Will, for example) but by level 5-6 money should be no object and you can just learn everything.

I'm level 8, sitll in Act 2, and I have 3/4 of the stornghold structures finished and 60,000 gold burning a hole in my pocket.

Edited by Mk1

So I was looking on the wiki ( http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Wizard ) to figure out more about Grimoires, and then I got to this 

"If Wizards come across a spell in an enemy's grimoire, they can choose to learn that spell for the cost (in copper pieces) required to research it.[2] They also learn one new spell every time they gain a level, but they can't choose to learn unique spells on level up."

What are these *unique* spells that I cant learn on level up, so that I can choose to prioritize learning those spells (assuming I can get them from enemy grimoires) so I dont end up paying copper for a spell I could get normally by leveling up

I think unique is just used improperly in that sentence. I personally cannot recall any special spell that only came from a grimoire. 

There are no unique spells only learnable through a grimore.

Aloth in my party has learned every mage spell there is.

All the grimore really does is offer a way to allow the Wizard a way to have access to all the spells in a fight by "swapping them" - which in practice is not very feasible.

And, of course, to learn spells over and above the "learn per level up" by scribing found grimore spells. They, however, are not unique but instead come from the level up list.

You'll have plenty of money to learn everything you find that way; if anything, you want to avoid wasting a level up spell pick on something you can get by paying a bit of copper.

Yeah - just learn everything. There's very little reason not to do so.

:Cant's poking his head in icon:

I'm only playing on normal for my first run, so mileage may vary, but I've had no real problems so far, the only delay in upgrading everything in my stronghold is the time it takes, not money. I've scoured and learned every single spell in every tome I find for both mages, and I still have money to burn.  ...And I actually keep a couple of extra grimoires set up for particularly vexing resistances/special circumstances so I can switch at the beginning of a battle.  The extra spells can come in handy.  So drop the coin and learn the spells!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!