Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

No Multiplayer?!

multiplayer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

lucanswift

lucanswift

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

The game looks amazing, but not being able to play multiplayer seems to miss the point of these games. Is there any chance for a multiplayer version in the future or in a sequel? 

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3045 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
They've said repeatedly over the last 2.5 years that there will be no multiplayer for this game.
  • Luckmann and Bryy like this

Luckmann

Luckmann

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3497 posts

[...]

Is there any chance for a multiplayer version in the future or in a sequel?

If there is any chance that there is a benevolent higher power of any sort, no.
  • Eisenheinrich likes this

InfiniteEternity

InfiniteEternity

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 51 posts

They've said repeatedly over the last 2.5 years that there will be no multiplayer for this game.

You can try to evade all you want but fact is that it would have added IMMENSELY to the longevity of poe if i had the option to co op with my friends - and its not like the game will get lesser in any way like Bioware / EA's seperate mainstream mp module beside their games to attract the common mob.

I cant count how much fun ive had in Baldur's Gate multiplayer sessions with my brother...it was almost a new part of the game and its SO sad PoE doesnt have it.

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3045 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
It wasn't an evasion, it was stating a fact. Multiplayer has been, from the beginning, outside the scope of this project. Asking for it won't chnage that. Shouting your love for multiplayer from the mountaintops won't change it either.

The OP asked if there would be multiplayer. The answer is no. Take your diatribe elsewhere.
  • Bryy likes this

Gallenger

Gallenger

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It's not like they didn't include multiplayer simply to spite people who like multiplayer lol.  They simply felt they couldn't produce the game they wanted to on the budget they had, and *also* include multiplayer. 

Bryy

Bryy

Arch-Mage

• Members.
  • 2748 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I think MP would be great, but as far as the scope of this game, there is none. Who knows about sequels. If there were, it wouldn't be included in an expansion, I'd think.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: multiplayer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users