Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[1.3] Cape clipping against plate armor and robes

clipping

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5386 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

If your character is wearing either a robe or plate armor together with a cape or mantle, the latter will clip against the former.

SCREENSHOT: link

SAVED GAME: link

REPRO STEPS:

Load the attached saved game.

Zoom in on the party.

Observe that the protagonist's cape clips against the plate armor; further observe that Aloth's and Durance's capes clip against their robes.

Go to the inventory screen and rotate the character models to see the issue up close.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5386 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Can still repro with patch 1.4 (but can't seem to edit the thread title to reflect that).

Emptiness

Emptiness

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 352 posts

I have seen this problem as well.  I doubt it will be fixed, though, since fixing it would probably require completely remodeling all the capes in the game, or completely remodeling all the armors that clip with capes.  It would be nice if I were wrong, however, because it is unsightly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clipping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users