No capes on characters [Mac OS]

Duncan

Question

After seeing hundreds of posts about it (at least 3 of them being mine) we finally had a dev merely acknowledge that somewhere during the production mac's stopped showing capes properly. (Linux doesn't support shroud so that's a different issue entirely, this is about Macs).

I just want to raise this issue once again, because after talking about it since release, we only managed to get merely a single "yeah, it doesn't work. idk why" response, and i want them to know we care about this issue and would like it to get worked on. At least for me, it's an important problem. I'd like it to be not ignored, that is all.

Couple things: If you're not using a mac, your initial reaction might be "wtf lel other bugs more important mang" (exaggerated because why not) but simply put yourself in our shoes. This bug could've happened to Windows. It's annoying and should be fixed.

Also, another reaction might be "there are other class ability bugs etc that have nothing to do with graphics, therefore more important" I just want to point out that, yes, they are very important to fix, but most of us are playing games like this to lose ourselves in a different fiction, playing different characters, going on adventures, etc. Cloaks have been a staple accessory for many adventurers and there is a reason why most games have them. It would only enhance the gameplay for us mac users, just like it does yours (even if you weren't aware of it).

Thank you.

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

What the devs said was, that the latest version of Unity started bugging out Shroud, the plug-in they use for cloaks, which in turn caused cloaks to stop rendering on mac. That means it's a Unity problem, and I'm sure they've already brought it up with Unity support and are simply waiting for a clear reply / solution so they can relay it to us. It certainly doesn't sound like a problem that Obsidian can fix by themselves, and however much we spam the forums, I doubt it'll make the Unity guys work faster (they probably don't read Obsidian forums specifically considering the amount of other studios they have to support).

Apologies that I can't quote what the devs said exactly, but if you want, I'll try to find it.

• Like 1