Allow NPC paladins to benefit from party reputation

At present, any Paladin other than the Watcher recieves a serious nerf to Faith & Conviction, losing out on as much as +6 deflection and +12 to all other defenses. This is ugly, and greatly discourages players from running NPC paladins.

The easy solution is just making the rep boost ubiquitous. The slightly more complicated (but still easy) solution is tying it to an already ubiquitous talent, like Deep Faith, for NPC paladins only.

I get that the party's reputations are supposed to reflect mostly on the Watcher, but it makes sense to me that a paladin might gain conviction by fighting for a group that they felt was worthy (or lose it in the opposite case).

(It could also lend a bit more character to Pallegina, and she certainly needs it.)

• Like 3

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Benefit and be hampered by, as the case may be. I don't understand why it doesn't already work like this; the character associates him- or herself with the party, and should be affected by the party's actions (and by party, I mean the iron fist of the great leader).

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

that would make pelegrina in some cases stronger, but in other cases only character non viable (since she would be weaker than she is and the op condires this a nerf) for certain styles of play (ok mabe beside durance)

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

op condires this a nerf)

Either the rep bonus is part of a paladin's expected power curve, and it's a nerf to non-Watcher paladins, or it's not part of the power curve, and Watcher paladins are overpowered.

(Hint: They aren't.)

Would this hamper some people using Pallegina? Yes, if they were behaving in a way she actively disapproved of. It would also bring her (and all hireling paladins) up to the basic standard for compatible players.

Defenses are the thing that paladins have going for them, and NPC paladins don't even have that.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.