Who has tried expert mode and do they like it?

I am trying a PotD  expert run, will see how it goes. The biggest change will be the AoE spells not showing. Currently with a high intellect AoE has no chance of ever hitting your own team, you can adjust the point of aim or your caster's position such that it misses your own team by millimeters and do this with every cast.

The PoTD part might be too hard, also have trial of iron so it won't be frustrating just short :) , but I think the expert setting might make the game more challenging.

Update got killed by wolves in Magran's Fork just after getting Durance at level 3. Had PC monk, fighter hireling (level 2), Eder, Aloth and Durance. The PotD monsters just had crazy deflection, had real problems hitting. Had cleared the temple top floor and then one room on the second before I decided to go elsewhere to get to level 4. Since it was ironman it is over.

The expert setting was pretty cool though. Not knowing exactly where the AoE is going to hit is exciting. Also the possibility of perma death instead of maiming really adds to the tension.

I think surviving another level and getting some fine weapons would have made a lot of difference. I had spec'd Soldier focus for Eder and hireling but was unable to buy any warhammers for single hand wielding in order to get the +18 to accuracy (6 from focus, 12 from one hand) That might have made a difference.

I like Expert mode EXCEPT the AOE tooltip being disabled. It seems unequally harsh vs classes like Wizard and kinda discourages their use whereas classes like Rogue and Monk are perfectly fine. Even Cipher is fine ffs.

The other things, such as inventory chest not being accessible outside of towns, no maimed status and no alerts as to what dialog is (which reputation) all make the game more challenging in ways that feel fun and make things more interesting and diverse. The AOEs lacking a little size tool however just seems needlessly annoying.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I like Expert mode EXCEPT the AOE tooltip being disabled. It seems unequally harsh vs classes like Wizard and kinda discourages their use whereas classes like Rogue and Monk are perfectly fine. Even Cipher is fine ffs.

Thats the thing I like about expert mode actually. Its so easy to abuse AoE, its just not fun for me. All this pixelhunt to hit your enemies but leave your chars unhurt... Bweh. In IE games you never had aoe tooltips and my chars dying from my own fireballs is just part of the charm for me.