Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is there a list of locations for backer NPC's and in-game memorials?

kickstarter memorial tombstone

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

theHappyDance

theHappyDance

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hi all, Gold level backer here.

I've played some of Act I so far, but have yet to see any tombstones in game (I paid for the in-game memorial). I thought it might be nice if we had a list of where all the backer NPC's and in-game memorials were to make it easier for backers to find their little piece of PoE.

Also, small suggestion regarding the NPC's. I'd be a lot more inclined to read more of them if they just were text-based. I find I skip all of them because the weird soul mode thing with the screen change and noise is distracting and takes me out of the game. I think if it was just the text, people would complain about them less since they'd meld more into the game. The alternate mode and noise that sound t are big alerts that say "you're leaving PoE and entering Kickstarter backer mode" that aren't really needed IMO. If they were displayed the same as in-game text (i.e. without all the fanfare), players would be less annoyed with them since they'd be on-screen quicker, and quicker to get off-screen if players didn't want to read them (or that particular one).

Thanks!

Edited by theHappyDance, 09 April 2015 - 12:19 PM.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9038 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
The tombstones tend to be clustered in certain maps or dungeon areas, which if you're clearing all areas etc. you'll run across them as you go along. They can be tombstone looking or a wall plaque but will always have the same "hover" icon. Each "tombstone" is a list of multiple memorials.

Don't know about a list being available or where, if there is one.

Rosveen

Rosveen

Obsidian Order's Prophet of Woe

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Off the top of my head, there's a graveyard in Esternwood, catacombs in Copperlane and a few tombstones in Heritage Hill.
  • Crimsonstar likes this

Crimsonstar

Crimsonstar

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Off the top of my head, there's a graveyard in Esternwood, catacombs in Copperlane and a few tombstones in Heritage Hill.

The Endless pathes of Oad Nua floor 3 has some. I'll probably keep adding more as I find them in order to keep tab lol. :yes:

Karkarov

Karkarov

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3116 posts
  • Steam:Karkarov
  • PSN Portable ID:Karkarov
  • Xbox Gamertag:Karkarov
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Pretty sure there are some memorials in the bottom floor of Raedric's Hold as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, memorial, tombstone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users