will jolee return?

The obsidinis can:

a. actually write out and develop a complex set of storylines based on your inputs, putting a lot of time and effort into seeing the game continues according to each and every possible set of NPC's and their fates.

b. make a one size fits all game based on the NPC's that survived all the scenarios.

Hmmm, I wonder which they will do

Don't attempt to switch the purpose of Internet Geek Message Boards, my friend. It's ALL about reading too much into things.Thank you very much. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

A sequel should follow up on the charactors and events of the first game, thats kinda the point.

Well, they usually don't in a crpg. KotOR2 is similar to FO2 in the way it has a fundamental dissconnect between the characters in both. There is a connection, but its far enough removed not to burden the developers with a lot of dialog and event trees.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

A sequel should follow up on the charactors and events of the first game, thats kinda the point.

Well, they usually don't in a crpg. KotOR2 is similar to FO2 in the way it has a fundamental dissconnect between the characters in both. There is a connection, but its far enough removed not to burden the developers with a lot of dialog and event trees.

But thats the thing, because they don't pick an ending, they have MANY more event trees to worry about. Unless they just kill people off that lived and such to save them the trouble. I have a feeling it will be something like this: If you pick the ds ending, canderous will give you quest X. If you pick LS male, Mission will give you quest X. Using NPC for space markers, rather than following up on them. i hope I'm wrong, and I'm not claiming I must be right either. Just my current take.

And FO2 did follow up on a lot. Besides all the dialogue about the vault dweller, you find out the fate of vault 13 and its people, the male statue of the VD in NCR, you find out about dogmeat, tandi (assumed you went to shady sands and didn't kill her), harold (assumed you met and you didn't kill him), The fate of the VD (arroyo), why the waterchip was missing in FO1, etc. So basically you are told about what happend to some very key people and places from the first one. Not to mention FO2 is set more than 5 years after Fo1. Most of these people are supposed to be dead. And I was fine with that.

EDIT: Things like Diablo 2 tell you what happened to the main charactor and many of the towns folk. hell, even FF games are doing it now.

Not saying it's imposible to do it the way Obsidian is, but it just strikes me as something that is very hard to do without taking "the easy way out" with characters

And FO2 did follow up on a lot. Besides all the dialogue about the vault dweller, you find out the fate of vault 13 and its people, the male statue of the VD in NCR, you find out about dogmeat, tandi (assumed you went to shady sands and didn't kill her), harold (assumed you met and you didn't kill him), The fate of the VD (arroyo), why the waterchip was missing in FO1, etc. So basically you are told about what happend to some very key people and places from the first one.

The point is that the developers went with a "one size fits all", also there were no plot twists in FO1 that required tandi to become evil or harold to die, so they made some fairly safe assumptions.

It's simple for KotOR2, will the devs spend lots of time trying to make every KotOR1 ending scenario fit, or will they just do what is easy and timely and not complicate things?

Why would they bring joloony back when they know he had to die in many games? It's easist to ignore him.

Why Bio Why?

I must say that even I have the same view on the force as Drakron, my charector is almost allways light side, I just can't act as asuch a jerk as the dark side allows you to ;-). Anywho Jolee and Carth are the only two I'd choose to kill in my party, I found Jolee VERY annoying with his wierd old cavemans stories. I actually thought he tried to test me by annoying me to turn to the darkside.

If he's in the sequal and joinable I'd take him on a trip to the far outskirts of the universe and dump him.

Still he's pressence in KotOR wasn't all bad just an anoyance, and after completing without killing him I came out a stronger person now noone can piss me off ;-)

The point is that the developers went with a "one size fits all", also there were no plot twists in FO1 that required tandi to become evil or harold to die, so they made some fairly safe assumptions.

Uh, didn't Tandi get kidnapped and threatened with death in Fo1, iirc. If you never save her, well.....

While I see your point anyways, the devs still made assumptions about people and places.

It's simple for KotOR2, will the devs spend lots of time trying to make every KotOR1 ending scenario fit, or will they just do what is easy and timely and not complicate things?

Just because something is complicated, doesn't mean it is good. You think just because the devs are working around all the senerios with these flags and trees, that the game will be better. When that isn't nessasarily the case. It's not liberating, I wouldn't think, but more like having to run uphill now instead of on level ground. You cover the same gorund, but one is harder to accomplish.

Why would they bring joloony back when they know he had to die in many games? It's easist to ignore him.

Does that contridict what you said on the quote above this one? Killing jolee is the easy, non-complicated thing. Making him take some major part in the game for LS people, but not DS people is the hard thing.

Does that contridict what you said on the quote above this one?

No, since you are not revan in kotor2, the simple thing is to ignore the old coot. If it was a dark side ending, he got carved, if it was a light side ending, he got carved after the ending.

Why Bio Why?

Does that contridict what you said on the quote above this one?

No, since you are not revan in kotor2, the simple thing is to ignore the old coot. If it was a dark side ending, he got carved, if it was a light side ending, he got carved after the ending.

That IS the easy way out tho. Not that I'm demanding Jolee return, or all npcs should be back as npcs or major plot points, but what was the point of setting the game 5 years after KOTOR if you plan to kill off or generally under use NPCs and characters from the last game? Whats the point of trying to satisfy everyones ending if charecters end up dead or backround fluff. It's uninspired. Not saying that IS the case, but it could be, and is a concern of mine. Hopefully it's unfounded.

but what was the point of setting the game 5 years after KOTOR if you plan to kill off or generally under use NPCs and characters from the last game?

If you are going to really use the ending of KotOR 1 in a meaningful way, why wait 5 years?

Why Bio Why?

but what was the point of setting the game 5 years after KOTOR if you plan to kill off or generally under use NPCs and characters from the last game?

If you are going to really use the ending of KotOR 1 in a meaningful way, why wait 5 years?

if your not going to, why only wait 5 years? :(

if your not going to, why only wait 5 years? :(

If your going to, why wait so long as 5 years when a month would do.

5 years is enough time for joloony to have gotten jedi herpes and died, jedi herpes is seldom fatal in less than three years after the first force pustules shart showing.

Why Bio Why?

5 years is enough time for joloony to have gotten jedi herpes and died, jedi herpes is seldom fatal in less than three years after the first force pustules shart showing.

Hey, thats fine, but is large charaters arn't touch on in some form, after the horrible endings of kotor, that would bother me.