"I need you to leave." (spoiler req)

I've had Durance in my party for a while now and I've noticed every time I "talk" to him, there's a dialogue option that says "I need you to leave" or something like that. None of the other companions have this option.

So my curiosity is wondering why he has that option. I haven't clicked on it yet because I was afraid he'd disappear forever or something, so anyone care to tell me what the deal is? Does it just open another convo or is it something else? :lol:

...although truth be told I'm kind of tired of his attitude. I may drop him in favor of a player-made priest instead.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

He doesn't actually leave then? And yes I know I can save and try, and I will. I was on a lake-trip for a couple days and haven't gotten back to the game just yet but this was on my mind.

Mostly I was wondering *why* he has that option when the others don't. I know some crpg's have a line like that to create a dialogue "dimiss companion" option, but since only Durance has it (that I've noticed) + you dismiss companions through other methods in PoE, it feels curious. Like an option that shouldn't show up until later or something.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What I meant was: I have absolutely no more options when I initiate a dialogue with him. Anyways, I loaded the pre-endgame autosave and tried. He left for good, I can't add him back to the party. I wonder if he's anywhere to be found or will he reappear later.

That's interesting. So for some reason he has a special "dimiss forever" option perhaps. I wonder what the reasoning for that is, if so.

I thought maybe it was showing up because I've been "honest/diplomatic" whereas I think he doesn't like those so maybe it's if you really like to roleplay and think your chr. wouldn't put up with him... laughing.gif