Solo: Tactics for dealing with large mobs with high cc powers

I was doing great in Act 1 but now I'm meeting lots of mobs with cc - even Xaurip skirmishers can paralyze/daze with a hit in addition to the backup spellcasters.

I'd be interested in hearing what tactics people are using to deal with large mobs - especially if outside.

Example: the 4 or 5 feral druids in the wilderness - it seems no matter what I do, they cast their lightning attacks and stun me..... if even one hits me with it it gives enough time for the rest to recover from whatever I've done to them and mob me.

I use traps, positioning on map, animat summons, potions and scrolls (I upped Mechanics and Lore).

I'm playing a Cipher solo and cleaned up Raedric's Hold and everything before it with a fair level of ease..... but now I'm getting my butt handed to me.

First, all PotD solo runs need Fortiunty defence.

That means, Might and COn have to be maxed....there is no other way. Fort defence is your defence stat against paralyze (aka stun). paralyse gives -40  to defelction, which is similar to insta death. because after this mobs will allways hit you...

rest is like always, have minimum 1 source of extra movement speed (spell or talent) and run with it into bottleneck, and outtank it as high deflection class. or outdps them as other build. but i have only experience as with deflection builds.

First, all PotD solo runs need Fortiunty defence.

That means, Might and COn have to be maxed....there is no other way. Fort defence is your defence stat against paralyze (aka stun). paralyse gives -40  to defelction, which is similar to insta death. because after this mobs will allways hit you...

rest is like always, have minimum 1 source of extra movement speed (spell or talent) and run with it into bottleneck, and outtank it as high deflection class. or outdps them as other build. but i have only experience as with deflection builds.

Not sure he is playing PoTD so fortitude may not be as important. The isue here is that ciphers have so little HP imo. Have you been split pulling OP?

I would: lay a trap in a doorway, sneak forward, snipe someone with my crossbow, run for the doorway, summon an animat w/horn to block, cast spells and was wearing plate, 2-H Estoc, Moon Godlike (for heal) ..... I often wouldn't split pull - if it happened I wouldn't not do it, but I fought Raedric's entire court in a doorway.... I make heavy use of antipathetic field (the ray - not sure I got name right) that does corrupt damage - I wait until my animat is low (1 or 2 green dots) and then cast it through the doorway and run back and forth nuking as many people as I can, then I would try and paralyze front rank person to block door and re-cast ray.....