Paladins could use some TDC (Tender Developing Care)

It is an ability of Average Speed, which means its slow to cast, sometime when you aim it at someone, he has already died. Compared to most of priest healing spells, which are faster and Barbarian's Savage Defiance, which is Instant and heal much better than Lay on Hands, its just a bad choice for me.

Edited by dunehunter

It is an ability of Average Speed, which means its slow to cast, sometime when you aim it at someone, he has already died. Compared to most of priest healing spells, which are faster and Barbarian's Savage Defiance, which is Instant and heal much better than Lay on Hands, its just a bad choice for me.

Well it scales not so well in late game. This is true.

If you had to choose between Flames of Devotion and Lay on Hands, which one would you consider more valuable and with what skill combination?

Edited by Mysh

Well it scales badly in late game. This is true.

If you had to choose between Flames of Devotion and Lay on Hands, which one would you consider more valuable and with what skill combination?

I have to admit that if you are building a tank, flame of devotion is not very good, but lay on hands is just a worse choice, its frustrating you can only pick between this two abilities at start.

Well it scales badly in late game. This is true.

I have to admit that if you are building a tank, flame of devotion is not very good, but lay on hands is just a worse choice, its frustrating you can only pick between this two abilities at start.

Even on level 12, a paladin with 14 int and 10 might will be healing 40 endurance. This is like 20%-40% of your character HP on level 12 and gives you a deflection bonus as well.

Do you think this is so bad?

Lay on Hands should have been fast. Agreed. However, the barbarian skill is only self-cast, so surely it heals more, but lacks the tactical versatility of lay on hands.

Regarding spell power, lay on hands is on par with the level 4 Cleric spell "restore major endurance". They both heal 33 endurance. Lay on hands though does it over time.

I am also expecting a buff on greater lay on hands, something like "x2 per encounter, +10 healing power" would be appropriate comparing to "+10 healing power" as it is.

Edited by Mysh