Actually it's five rangers + Aloth. But it would look about the same with six rangers.

• Like 1

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

I've briefly tried 6 rangers with 6 bears and it looks like a viable Hard difficulty composition. In fact, it might be the perfect composition for the "complete the game with only 4 rests" achievement. Since the bears have no transient Health and your Rangers will rarely if ever get hit,  you don't need to rest nearly as much as with a regular party.

Bears, like all animal companions, are weak individually, but they work fairly well as offtanks - when there's 6 of them, you can spread the engagements around. The 6 rangers can focus fire anything that slips through the bears or anything capable of killing bears too quickly. While a bear getting knocked out incurs a huge accuracy penalty on the ranger (20 I think?), it doesn't hurt that much when you have 5 more. In most cases you'll be using bears as meat doors in chokepoints, anyway.

A 6 ranger party might have severe problems in encounters where the enemies can't be bodyblocked and/or deal high burst damage. You can't really boost your bears all that much.  I have not gotten that far yet, though - currently suspended my playthroughs until the nasty bugs get squashed.

If you don't care about a point of "evil" reputation at the beginning, you can slaughter the caravan yourself (beware, Calisca will turn on you). If you sell all the loot from the caravan and the pistol from the tent, you will have just enough money to hire 5 adventurers straight after Cilant Lis.

Edited by Concordance
  • Like 1

6 chanters is effective because the 6 phantoms they summon utterly demolish everything.

The problem is that's going to be all your fights in a nutshell - surviving until you can spawn phantoms. Chants don't stack. You will likely be bored to tears and restart before reaching level 5.

Edited by Concordance

Hmmm, giving them all different Lists SHOULD allow one to have just about every buff and Debuff simultaneously, or not?

I know that effects applying to the same stats dont stack, but lets say all enemies are frightened, slowed, do less damage, and have reduced attributes vs. all PC`s are faster, stronger and do more SHOULD rock, no?

Aside from the Summoning which will of course finish of most things ... pretty easy. ^^