PoE Stops Responding between areas.

jonss1948

Question

Hi. POE was running great on my system but now the game stops responding (crashes) when trying to transition stairs ie move between screens but not always. I have only experienced this in Reidrics Hold and it does not seem to happen elsewhere. So the problem has broken the game for me and I'm extremely disappointed I cannot play it. I'm noticing a lot of bugs being reported in PoE and just think the game needs to mature considerably before I'll be back to support it. This bug has onl;y started to happen and I recall an nvidia driver update may have broken it but I've rolled back drivers and done all sorts of things even to redownloading and re-installing. Anyone else experienced this issue and found a work around?

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

Try this:

• Many users have reported running into framerate issues and frequent crashing. If this is happening on your machine, please attempt to disable anti-aliasing to increase performance. This can be done by pressing the ` key, (the one to the left of the 1 key on your keyboard). This opens the command console. Then type into the console "msaa 0" without the quotes, and hit the enter key. After doing this you should notice an increase in performance and hopefully this will help to resolve the issue. This needs to be repeated on each transition.  We are working on creating a toggle in the options menu.
  • Like 1

Description:

I am experiencing the exact same problem.

A complete reinstallation of the game didn't solve the issue. This is my second run. On the first run there was no problem here.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

Savefile and Systemspecs are uploaded here. You just need to click on the Stair-Symbol and the game crashes.

Same issue here. I'm in fact blocked inside Reidrics Hold, since every time I try to exit on the bastions (two different exits I tried) the game freezes after loading screen, and if I click the message "the application is not responding" pop up and I have to close the game. I tried the msaa 0 thing, and to reduce resolution to minum level, but it doesn't seem to work... 

• Like 1