Mark Grisky's music

Well, this Mark Grisky doesn't seem to have a great track record

But then again, he seems rather new to the scene, so who knows.

Granted, i'm not sure how much he understands the impact this game could have to his career. I wish there was a way to warn him about the importance of this assignement, he better be working his brains out for this one...

None of these games sound very conducive to special inspiration or imagination. They're all run of the mill and don't attract much attention at all. I hope lucasarts knows what they're doing, choosing him. Lucasarts has made a lot of mistakes in the past, there's no denying.

I think music matters a lot. I brought up this thread, and I am, after all, a musician. However, I don't think a soundtrack, no matter how good, could ever suffocate other parts of the game, unless it were a bad soundtrack. Maybe the soundtrack sounds good, but it doesn't fit at all - that wouldn't work, but anyone who composes music for a living has a concept of that, so I'm not worrying.

Actually, this is what really bother's me about a lot of jeremy soules stuff. I really hated the Republic theme, in character creation and elswhere. His music is a little too subdued in a lot of instances, and I was hoping this guy was different.

I'm thinking lucasarts, based on the other games this guy has done, is getting this guy to do it because he's good at sticking to the star wars type themes, and that's what people complained about and wanted more of for the most part in the first one.

I don't think anyone will put up an argument that the soundtrack to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City added tremendously to the atmosphere of that game. Same thing with No One Lives Forever 2, the way it became more fast paced and frenzied when you had been sighted and your enemies were actively searching for you, and softer and more in the background when you were going about your business unbeknownst to them. :lol:

Anyone have sample's of this guys work? the list of titles he has under his belt isn't impressive, but it IS pretty much all star wars stuff. I guess what's more important is how good his stuff actually sounds. Anyone know where I can find a sample or something?

there's a great mp3 somewhere of him playing the imperial march with washboard, spoons and some cowbell.

hopefully, KOTOR2 will have more cowbell.

dumber than a bag of hammers