Sign in to follow this  
Cktulica

can't enter second floor of brighthollow

Question

13 answers to this question

Same problem here, but atm only with one of my two characters.

Did you build something with a rest bonus too? I first encountered that bug, after I build my Warden's Lodge.

Got the exact same problem with Brighthollow. I get a blackscreen since in built the Brighthollow Courtyard Pool. Before that anything worked fine. But now: 1st floor yes, 2nd floor nope. Maybe a problem with the the new visualization because of the repaired pool? „Brighthollow_2nd_Floor_Version12345“ entry without target? I only guess. ;)

My only option is Alt+F4. Nothing else will work. Have to restart the game.

I saw one person saying they only got this with Kana in their party; if you have him there, try removing him and see if that works?

No, makes no difference.

I am also having this issue, goes to black screen.  I think for me Kana is causing the issue, I can't reinvite him back to party on top of not going upstairs.  I think since I doesn't want to load his model the game is bugging out.  Try moving people around in your party and seen if someone won't join
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v63ir1bgw97slv4/Pillars%20Diag.zip?dl=0

Edited by knightguy

Okay... after loading screen the 2nd floor is all black except the cursor (you can still hear sound). So far, so familiar.

But if I wait some seconds I can quickload (this won't work immediately after loading). Than I don't see a loading screen but it works. BUT short before loading is finnished, I can see the 2nd floor for 1 second. All very strange...

I too am having this issue, and think it may be related to the not being able to swap party members. I'm surprised it has been a year and I haven't seen these issues closed. Kana was removed from my party just before I finished Act 2. Now I can't get him back in to finish his quest. Please fix this, as I don't want to have to ge back to a previous save just to have this happen again.