Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AI auto-attacking charmed/confused companions

AI Annoyance

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Lioness

Lioness

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

The characters in my team pick a hostile and auto-attack it when their original target dies or whatever. It would be nice if the list of hostiles to pick a target from did not include my charmed/confused companions. I would rather the AI controlled companion stayed idle if the only targets it could pick were temporarily hostile friendlies (or neutrals ?)

I don't mind the micro-managing but preventing this is an added hassle,.. beside it is immersion breaking when the enemies are dead and 5 of the team pile one the poor companion who is temporarily hostile.

Edited by Lioness, 30 March 2015 - 01:51 AM.

Mikefield

Mikefield

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yeh happened to me too. It makes no sense, sometimes the characters don't even auto-target enemies once their intiial target dies but when their ally gets charmed they just go rogue on him. Looked funny at first, now it's becoming a nuisance with the limited resting.

mrjane

mrjane

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I agree. This is something that should be changed. I understand the Confused ailment, that's all good. But why would/should my party start attacking him? It's ridiculous!

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9117 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Well, if a friend suddenly started attacking you with deadly intent, you'd probably at least try to defend yourself and might have to hurt them a little, even if you were trying not to harm him in the process. :lol:

...the AI just tends to attack whatever is attacking them. I haven't noticed, in my game, them attacking Charmed/Confused party members unless that party member actually engages them first.

peddroelm

peddroelm

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 609 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

And if you've paid a little more attention you might've noticed some gratuitous crazy disengagement attacks going  off against your hapless charmed allies as they PEACEFULLY stumble around the place ...  AUTO ATTACK is a blight!!! 

Edited by peddroelm, 09 April 2015 - 11:29 AM.

• xenustehg likes this

xenustehg

xenustehg

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

AUTO ATTACK is a blight!!! 

Honestly, can we have an option that completely turns off the Ai of party members? Thats the one thing that ruins all the encounters.

• peddroelm likes this

Khalid the bear

Khalid the bear

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 267 posts

you can turn of auto attacking in options

xenustehg

xenustehg

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts